The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lately with the avalanche of "Suggest a game for me" or "Games with (insert game feature here)" threads, I thought I'd post a couple of places and things everyone could do to avoid clogging the board with all of those posts. I know everyone here likes to be helpful but often I see other questions about games drop off the first page and become all but forgotten, due often to these posts

Finding info on a game isn't difficult nor time consuming. Any how, here are some links and suggestions.

First off, GBAtemp itself is rife with info on DS games, and is always where I start;

-I'd suggest hunting through a few of the already made "Suggest a game for me threads" they often contain very similar suggestions requirements, and the tempers who make suggestions often also include info and features of the games they suggest so with a few minutes of searching you could instantly have a few solid suggestions.

-Please read the Essentials stickies (Found at the top 'o' the forums post list) NDS Essentials, Under rated, and Mutliplayer essentials will often contain many games that meet your requirements.

-The NDS Release board is also a fantastic place to get game info. I use this place more than any other, I see a title that sounds interesting, I check it out, and quite often one of the first couple posts include a "Whats this game like?" post shortly followed by a "The game is like this" post, and as you run through the pages people often comment on features they like and dislike about said game.

-Hadrians Expected titles threads- Also found in the stickies each week. These topics are great when hunting for new games, not only does Hadrian let you know whats coming out for the DS, but usually provides Screenshots, and general game info. Even if you are looking for games that are already out, check out his older expected posts, he's got pretty solid taste.

-Gbatemp Mag Reviews- Up at the top of the forum listings, tempers post reviews of games. Again posted by the same people you ask for suggestions.

- The GBAtemp IRC channel- Pop in once in a while, good people, good conversations. Once in a while I'll ask people if they've played certain titles, don't be pushy and be patient and everyone is very helpful, if they haven't played it they'll often point you in a good direction to find more info.

So you found a couple titles that look interesting? But need more info? Easy, theres a bunch of places to go and get all the info you need within mere minutes.

-IGN DS- IGN is my review site of choice. Reviews, previews everything you need to find more info, screens, videos etc on most NDS titles. The review section is sortable by score, and genre so easy to find some decent game info.

IGN not your cup of tea? Go to one of the many other game sites;

Game Informer Online

Gamespot

Metacritic DS (Not My fav, but to each their own)

Wikipedia okay not really a game review spot, but usually will have a article on nearly any game you can think of with info and screens.

Youtube Want more game videos? The obviously easy place to find them.

Game Rankings Also not my fav, but another resource.

GameFaqs Has reviews, polls, boards and walkthroughs.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Excellent thread, I'm also getting extremely tired of the ridiculous "recommend me some action adventure mystery but not popular games".

I advise users to look in metacritic.com, since that site compiles all the official reviews from magazines and online sites. However, if you want actual user feedback, then check out the release threads and essentials.

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Me 2.. people should spend sometime check at the new release thread, essential DS or DS under-rate before even consider posting "game suggestion thread"

Also may be it out off topic but i think in the essential thread should put the dump date of the games so people will know which games are new and such.
Just my 2 cent.

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
my vote for sticky to, since I created 2 threads my self
biggrin.gif

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I agree with it being a sticky, let's hope so!
wink.gif

Also another nice website is gamefaqs.com, all of us know this, but some may not... It's got lots of reviews from players (though a lot of time it's just trolls and idiots, but even those usually provide some valid counter-points) who supposedly played the game. But what's most important, it's got game boards, FAQS/Walkthrough, Screenshots (very important when choosing a game) and release dates. I usually use it because it's "lighter" in appearance then other websites and I've got a slow browser/computer, so it loads faster ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER