Hacking Before i install Wads?(help)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi :) was able to instaĺ the homebrew channel on my vwii and installed d2x cios and 236 ios correctly. Everything works fine.
I want to install wads but i am so confused and scared of bricking my vWii. I need some help. Which wad manger works best for vwii and i want it on my home menu as a channel. I also want nintendont and usb loader gx and wiiflow on my vwii menu as channels because i like it that way.
Can sombody give me link to a working and safe wad manager for wii
Also when looking for a channel installer wad(ex vba gx installer) do i always have to search for vwii version? .please guys i need your help

Last edited by NoNAND,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ^^ does each wad have an specific ios and what ios do i need to select
IIRC, for virtual console games/channels it doesn't matter which ios you use to install a wad, as that ios only functions during the installation - and doesn't affect the installed files afterwards.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
IIRC, for virtual console games/channels it doesn't matter which ios you use to install a wad, as that ios only functions during the installation - and doesn't affect the installed files afterwards.
Ok. Does vba gx channel installer brick?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

The problem isn't so much with which wad manager to use (meaning: MMM and YAWM work fine), but in the wads themselves. On the wii, it was common practice to have both priiloader and bootmii as backup measurements in case things went wrong. Not that it happened often, but it tended to happen to those not knowing (or uninterested) in these safety nets (I had both and never really HAD to rely on either).

I gotta admit I'm not too familiar with the vwii, but I wager that the risks are the same while the safety nets are limited. Not that I want to scare you, but unless someone really corrects me on things, I'd be carefull.

This means:
-stick to channels for your region and made for vwii.
-if at all possible, don't be the first one to try out. Check the source of the wad and any replies

Now...one of the main types of bricks that were a risk on the wii were banner bricks, meaning that the wii hung while attempting to draw the channel (thus, without priiloader, you had no way to enter the homebrew channel to launch the wad manager to uninstall the wad). I *think* - but please don't quote me on that - that HBL2HBC gets around this problem as well.
In any case: if you install a wad to your vwii, don't delete the wad straight away. The mentioned programs allow you to uninstall them as well.

Oh, and the IOS used to install barely matters: just go with cIOS236 or 249. A regular IOS won't work because the wad most likely isn't nintendo certified. ;)

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards