Gaming Been out of the loop

Jay Boy

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
427
Trophies
2
Website
Visit site
XP
949
Country
Canada
I have a Star wars white PSP slim (2000 I guess) running M33 5.00. I've been reading up a bit on this new GEN firmware, but I don't know what model my motherboard is, and there are so many different versions and reading stories of certain ones bricking other people's PSP's that I want to make sure before I do anything :|

So, I have the OFW 550.pbp, my question is, which GEN should I install?

It may seem like I'm lazy, but I;ve been reading for close to an hour on here as well as other forums and all the talk has really got me even more confused :S

Another thing, for those that bricked their PSP's flashing to GEn firmware, was this brick reversible via a pandora batt and MMS, or were you left with a paperweight?

Thanks.
 

piratesmack

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
787
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
$(pwd)
XP
148
Country
United States
You can use the xgen updater to get to gen-d then install the gen-d2 update. Should be safe, just charge your battery and plug your psp in while updating. If it does brick for some reason, a pandora should be able to save it.

Personally, I'm sticking with 5.00 m33-6
 

Jay Boy

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
427
Trophies
2
Website
Visit site
XP
949
Country
Canada
piratesmack said:
You can use the xgen updater to get to gen-d then install the gen-d2 update. Should be safe, just charge your battery and plug your psp in while updating. If it does brick for some reason, a pandora should be able to save it.

Personally, I'm sticking with 5.00 m33-6


Thanks for the reply! So Gen-D is what I should be getting, then upgrade to D2? What are the other letters for?
 

piratesmack

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
787
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
$(pwd)
XP
148
Country
United States
Jay Boy said:
piratesmack said:
You can use the xgen updater to get to gen-d then install the gen-d2 update. Should be safe, just charge your battery and plug your psp in while updating. If it does brick for some reason, a pandora should be able to save it.

Personally, I'm sticking with 5.00 m33-6


Thanks for the reply! So Gen-D is what I should be getting, then upgrade to D2? What are the other letters for?

5.50 Gen-D2 is the latest.
The other letters are just older versions, you don't have to install them if you use the xgen updater.

There is also a 5.03 Gen-A and B, those are temporary custom firmware for the PSP 3000's.
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
The letter D2 stands for the 2nd reversion of the D version.
This because the normal D version contains some bugs updating to the D2 version should fix the following:

0 : Evangelion Anti CFW patch Fix
1 : Fix Wlan TKIP in game loop : pes 2009 , fifa , motorstorm , GTA cw ect....
2 : Fix Video Output With 5.5X and 6.X Games like GTA Chinatowns War
3 : Fixed recovery menu with make Pandora and make battery normal
4 : removed splash screen http://www.pspgen.com but you have another spash screen in red color for let you know if the decrypter work .

Hope that makes things clear.
smile.gif
 

Jay Boy

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
427
Trophies
2
Website
Visit site
XP
949
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info, Evilmaster! But now. mcboom and piratesmack's comments conflict with each other so I'm still unsure of what to do.

Should I start from A and go up, or can I just install Gen D? What difference would it make? I know I installed 5.00 M33 from 3.80 M33 on a few other PSPs many months ago, is it okay to do the same here?

I appreciate the help guys/girls.
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
2
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
mcboom said:
1. Install gen-a
2. Install gen-b
3. Install gen-d2
Do it in that order don't go straight to gen-d from 5.00 m33
go here for the files you need for the gens
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187871
gen firmware is best if you want to play most of the newer games easily but most of it work also on 5.00 m33

you can go straight to GEN D from M33, it doesn't matter if you go onto GEN A and B.
rofl2.gif
 

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
1,833
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
UK
XP
446
Country
mcboom said:
1. Install gen-a
2. Install gen-b
3. Install gen-d2
Do it in that order don't go straight to gen-d from 5.00 m33
go here for the files you need for the gens
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187871
gen firmware is best if you want to play most of the newer games easily but most of it work also on 5.00 m33
Don't listen to him. You can go from any firmware straight it 5.00 M33, then to GEN-D, then GEN-D2 with the quick updater. I did that from a 3.X firmware on my PSP and a friends. It worked fine, and has done for many other people.

GEN-D
GEN-D2 update

Edit: Woops, a little too late I guess...
tongue.gif
 

Jay Boy

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
427
Trophies
2
Website
Visit site
XP
949
Country
Canada
Well, I noticed I can make a Pandora battery straight from the VSHMenu, so that's a definite plus! And I haven't had any hiccups playing the problem games that prompted people to switch from M33 in the first place.

and for the record, Livin in a box's thread is the first thing I went to when looking for info, and ironically enough, all the talk about TA-08BLAH and GEN A-D got me even more confused which is why I made the topic. Thanks for the links though!
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
2
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
Jay Boy said:
Well, I noticed I can make a Pandora battery straight from the VSHMenu, so that's a definite plus! And I haven't had any hiccups playing the problem games that prompted people to switch from M33 in the first place.

and for the record, Livin in a box's thread is the first thing I went to when looking for info, and ironically enough, all the talk about TA-08BLAH and GEN A-D got me even more confused which is why I made the topic. Thanks for the links though!

are you sure your motherboard can make them? There's only one mobo that can do that, and i would count yourself lucky if you have it

3400155429_133077d94d.jpg
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: if i post it later will you guys help haha