Been nice chatting with ya but sorry I'm Canadian

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In a recent Canadian court ruling, you all have been deemed entirely dangerous individuals to anyone of adult age.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...1203?hub=Canada

Yep the whole lot of ya is now considered a high risk to a Canadian adult.

Crazy, yep very crazy.

But as most of you is like under 16 in so many cases, and I simply ain't up to constantly checking you birth certificate, I'm going to have to reluctantly ditch shooting the breeze her with you as being just too much risk.

Weird eh, can't afford to talk to you about routine mundane shit, but no real risk involved with all my downloading activities.

The world is fucking nuts.

Ciao guys.

Signing off , and loggin out.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
ph34r.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
to include anyone having an inappropriate conversation with a child -- even if the chats aren't sexual in nature

I guess you'd also have to know the person was a child (and they would have to prove that you knew), otherwise they wouldn't really be able to do anything.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
Whats wrong with this rule?
They said INAPPROPRIATE conversations.

In my eyes it's a good rule.

Yeah but imagine a mother txtin' her child to do something for her, in their eyes that's inappropriate because its making an assumption she wants to do something naughty to the child.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you look at this in a sense of a 1 on 1 live chat between an under 16 and an adult... about specifics of the childs life (the examples given... pets, home etc)... then it makes sense. I dunno, theres very few circumstances I can see acceptable for a child and adult to become friends. The teenage years do complicate things.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quit being retarted. This is an open board where everyone registered can see and respond to the posts.

If you are privately contacting someone then I could see how that law might apply. Not on a public board.

Unless you post obiviously innapropriate responses, directed specifically at one individual.

(edit) In which case you would at least get warned, if not immediately banned.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Jeez. Talk about the spirit of the law gone too far. I'm 26, a lesbian - so basically probably looked on as a fucking pedophile because I talk to younger people? (This actually happened in one of my classes - I take a tai chi class, and I was sitting out one evening *bad knees suck* and I was also fiddling with my R4. Of course some of the kids of the other students decide to talk to me, because, hey - an adult with a ds and a flashcart - too cool!) I get bitched out by the mother because apparently I was talking to her kids! *Edit: She actually used the word pedophile and luring in the same sentence. Seriously, I had the right to enjoy games without being bothered by her nitwit children!

Honestly, it's restrictive, apparently. ""If you're an adult and if you're having conversations with a child on the Internet, be warned because even if your conversations aren't sexual and even if your conversations are not for the purpose of meeting a child and committing an offence against a child, what you're doing is potentially a crime," he said.'" This section worries me, what is the line between appropiate and not? Soon we'd have to keep to our own age limit in order to not seem like fucking pedophiles in training. Maybe have adult malls/senior malls and a separate mall for children?

Where the limit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them