JoshiYoshi64

Elite
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi People,

My system version is 11.6 and I've got luma cfw. what has changed in the hacking development.
I like pokemon 3ds games so if theres a new pokmon editor that would be good.
I basically forgot everything.
WHat do I need to update???

Thanks so much!!!!

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Luma 8.0 or higher just get the latest Luma 9.1 and update through System Settings. There's also a new version of Luma Updater. Other than that, just update your homebrew by downloading the latest CIAs. PKSM is basically all you need if you just want to edit the pokemon themselves, you don't even have to dump the save like PKHeX needs you to.

I think there's also some NTR plugins available for Gen7, but I know nothing about them. Soon there will probably be updates to those plugins that use the new beta Luma Plugin System (think NTR plugins, but they don't need NTR (but you can't run a Luma plugin & an NTR plugin at the same time & plugins have to be updated from NTR to Luma manually)), if there haven't already been any (the Plugin System is still in beta, but it's worked great for CTGP-7 (a Mario Kart 7 mod)).

chaitea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo! Do you remember what you modded with? Are you using AL9H or did you update to boot9strap? If you're updated to boot9strap, you're clear as day to just use luma updater to update your config, then update your firmware, if not, update your installation to boot9strap, THEN update via luma, then update firmware!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First off, hold select during boot and in the Luma settings check what version you have, if 7.0.5 or below, follow this guide, if above 7.0.5 follow SCOTT's advice for Luma instead and then system update. Luma Updater is kinda obsolete really, so if you don't really care about it, don't bother. While you are at it, update GM9 too if you are on an older version. FreeShop is dead now by the way, so avoid accessing the eshop without having backed up your tickets as you may lose any pirated DLCs.

As for Pokemon, PKSM and PkHex are still what is used for editing, although NTR plugins and the like have been released for the newer versions.

I think there's also some NTR plugins available for Gen7, but I know nothing about them. Soon there will probably be updates to those plugins that use the new beta Luma Plugin System (think NTR plugins, but they don't need NTR (but you can't run a Luma plugin & an NTR plugin at the same time & plugins have to be updated from NTR to Luma manually)), if there haven't already been any (the Plugin System is still in beta, but it's worked great for CTGP-7 (a Mario Kart 7 mod)).
About the Luma cheats, I often suggest against it, NTR is better, even if a bit of a hassle, because Pokemon especially and other games often have cheats that need a button combination/additional notes to use and Luma cheats can't have notes or long names, making it impossible to know how to use some of the cheats.

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...