Hacking Beatles: Rock Band microphones arn't working!!

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I installed the latest CIOS yesterday from the offline upgrade topic, and then when the game wouldn't work I just ran the "disc updates". However, for some reason my Wii ain't picking up my mic! It's a Singstar (PS2) mic, and I've got both of them plugged in (From what I understand it's only the Blue one that works but I don't care).

I've tried changing the USB ports but to no avail.

I have read that it IS possible to use the Singstar mic, but I'm at a loss on how to do it, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got Singstar PS2 Mic's to work with Rock Band and Rock Band 2 on my PS2, but I'm not sure if they work on the video.

What are you trying to load the disc from anyway? NeoGamma? Or are you using an USB Loader?

I'll try plugging my PS2 Mics with the adapter into my Wii as well and hook you up what works and what not.
smile.gif

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
I've litteraly tried everything to get it working with Different USB Loaders and Disc Loaders, nothing works with that adapter and any/both of the mics.

I later on also tried Rock Band 2 and got the same result there.

So I guess it's not working because it's of this simple thing: The Mics are for PS2, and as far as I know (might be wrong on this), there's no Singstar/other Singing Game that can use the PS2 Microphones eiter, so that's probably why.
Buy a new USB Mic, they will work.
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
I'm pretty positive that no USB peripherals will work when using a USB loader.

Erm ... USB lan adapter, USB hub and USB microphone all running fine here when using either Loader CFG or Loader GX.

Since cIOS 12 (IIRC) USB devices have run fine with USB loaders.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
As stated above, all USB stuff works, and I'm pretty sure the Singstar PS2 USB-Adapter "works" as well, the Wii just don't have any idea of what to do with it.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
As stated above, all USB stuff works, and I'm pretty sure the Singstar PS2 USB-Adapter "works" as well, the Wii just don't have any idea of what to do with it.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but I'm not using a loader!

I'm using the disc channel with my LEGIT copy of Beatles: Rock Band! I've got a bunch of CIOS stuff installed, along with Preloader and BootMii, so I'm thinking these are interfering (as I read online that mics mess up with certain things installed).

I've read countless times that these mics work with Beatles: Rock Band, but there's some awkward thing about how only the blue mic works or something.

It SHOULD work, and I'm NOT using a loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F