Hacking Be SURE To Block Updates!

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing is coming, well at least from devs side, it's just Nintendo releasing MyNintendo in US/EU. Doesn't mean a new update is coming, MyNintendo program works independient from Wii U, is all server side, as seen on MyNintendo Japan.
except you are missing the one thing jap versions arent doing, integrating the 3ds and wiiu eshop into one megastore with over 2000 titles. That will for sure require big changes.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you the story while I'm a bit bored at the moment...

It was a nice sunny June 2015 day, and I was happily modding vWii and playing Splatoon on my 5.3.2 Wii U. ^_^
But then... disaster struck!!! I managed to semi-brick vWii by stupidly installing proper Wii IOSes. >.>
Also, I was aware that there was going to be upcoming 5.3.2 kernel exploits at the time, so I actually was blocking updates in the process too. :P
And then... disaster stuck!!! ...again! Nintendo released 5.4.0 and I wanted to continue to play Splatoon! :O
So, being the dumb shit I was, I went and tried to update, can you believe that!!?! :rofl:
But... disaster struck once again!!! I was unable to update my Wii U because of the installed Wii IOSes...... yay?
However, I still wasn't happy. I wanted to get it fixed! and fast!! I was stressing really badly, and I was trying to find all the possible methods I could to fix vWii up back to normal!
I managed to fix it up in the end.... and I successfully updated to 5.4.0...
and you know what happened next...?
God damn 5.3.2 kexploits got released. >.<
I was so M A D after that! I almost beat myself up about it. :lol:
However, I still got to play my good ol' Splatoon! ^_^
Hahahaha....... until I sold it for £24 at my local 2nd-hand store in order to make money to buy a PS Vita. :wink:
THEN I was pissed.
And then soon after, Nintendo released 5.5.0 and because everyone was saying that 5.4.0 wasn't going to get a kexploit, I just updated for the sake of it since I just had those doubts that it wouldn't happen...

And 5.4.0 kxploit finally did happen... :glare:

...And now, to this day, I'm now stuck on 5.5.1 lol. :D

#WhatACrazyRide!;O;

Story of my Wii U life © 2015-2016 Voxel Studios. You may not copy/reproduce/pirate/turn-into-warez/troll/bash/flame/aboose this wonderful story. k, bye.

this story sounds very familiar...

RPG_Fan_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the noob question, but I tried using the tubehax dns with the following settings on my Wii U: Don't auto obtain DNS, Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065, Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0... But for some reason, I can still access Youtube and the Eshop. I can't really figure out what I did wrong. Anyone know how to make it work? I'm also using proxy settings for an app called psvproxy, to block updates, but I would feel safer with this additional layer of security as well, especially since psvproxy hasn't been updated in a while.

Thanks!

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry for the noob question, but I tried using the tubehax dns with the following settings on my Wii U: Don't auto obtain DNS, Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065, Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0... But for some reason, I can still access Youtube and the Eshop. I can't really figure out what I did wrong. Anyone know how to make it work? I'm also using proxy settings for an app called psvproxy, to block updates, but I would feel safer with this additional layer of security as well, especially since psvproxy hasn't been updated in a while.

Thanks!

Same as me, maybe your ISP doesnt allow to change DNS setting. Bad luck

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Better to be safe than sorry.

5.5.0 users should update to 5.5.1. Then everybody should grab any remaining game updates (such as Mario Maker) and eShop content while they can. Then delete your net settings.

Whether or not the Hykem story is true is actually irrelevant. The fact that known exploits still exist for 5.5.1 is enough.

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone really concerned over updates, delete your wifi settings any time you aren't using the system. Or do like I do and have it connect to an internal network that doesn't have outside access.

RPG_Fan_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same as me, maybe your ISP doesnt allow to change DNS setting. Bad luck

Ugh, I had no idea ISPs could even block you from altering DNS settings... I only did it from the wii u, not on the router, but I'm almost sure that should've been enough, if not for my lousy ISP. Question though, did you manage to block out updates without dns settings? If not, you might wanna download psvproxy, as it's definitely working for me. Other than not having been updated in a while, it's an awesome program, blocks and unblocks on the fly perfectly on the old version v0.9.161 (the latest version unblock function isn't working properly though).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if i can't enter on Eshop,its means tubehax its working...right?
I think so, but since you're using tubehax, it might be a good idea to try loading youtube on your Wii U too, just in case.

For anyone really concerned over updates, delete your wifi settings any time you aren't using the system. Or do like I do and have it connect to an internal network that doesn't have outside access.
I would love to just delete my wifi settings, but I'm not sure how to set an internal network for the Wii U, otherwise, I would probably take that route. If it's not too much trouble, could you point me to a tutorial on how to set this private network?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck, guys, stop being such dicks. Whenever the devs on the forum try to do something nice, you feel the need to shit post all over it. Please stop with the "0mgz, march 31zt is te dey aftr april fo0lz!!11! faek, stoopid". He never even said an exploit is coming out, he said when it comes out. Because exploits; believe it or not, are actually being worked on.

Last edited by H3llbender,

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll tell you the story while I'm a bit bored at the moment...

It was a nice sunny June 2015 day, and I was happily modding vWii and playing Splatoon on my 5.3.2 Wii U. ^_^
But then... disaster struck!!! I managed to semi-brick vWii by stupidly installing proper Wii IOSes. >.>
Also, I was aware that there was going to be upcoming 5.3.2 kernel exploits at the time, so I actually was blocking updates in the process too. :P
And then... disaster stuck!!! ...again! Nintendo released 5.4.0 and I wanted to continue to play Splatoon! :O
So, being the dumb shit I was, I went and tried to update, can you believe that!!?! :rofl:
But... disaster struck once again!!! I was unable to update my Wii U because of the installed Wii IOSes...... yay?
However, I still wasn't happy. I wanted to get it fixed! and fast!! I was stressing really badly, and I was trying to find all the possible methods I could to fix vWii up back to normal!
I managed to fix it up in the end.... and I successfully updated to 5.4.0...
and you know what happened next...?
God damn 5.3.2 kexploits got released. >.<
I was so M A D after that! I almost beat myself up about it. :lol:
However, I still got to play my good ol' Splatoon! ^_^
Hahahaha....... until I sold it for £24 at my local 2nd-hand store in order to make money to buy a PS Vita. :wink:
THEN I was pissed.
And then soon after, Nintendo released 5.5.0 and because everyone was saying that 5.4.0 wasn't going to get a kexploit, I just updated for the sake of it since I just had those doubts that it wouldn't happen...

And 5.4.0 kxploit finally did happen... :glare:

...And now, to this day, I'm now stuck on 5.5.1 lol. :D

#WhatACrazyRide!;O;

Story of my Wii U life © 2015-2016 Voxel Studios. You may not copy/reproduce/pirate/turn-into-warez/troll/bash/flame/aboose this wonderful story. k, bye.
omg biggest failer you made my day.... mfg from 5.32 from day 1
and my vwii is hacked at the realease ...
its 100% your fault
no idea why i should upgrade on a higher firm as 5.32

Last edited by loler55,

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you have the same problem or you want to troll only me?
its not my fault guys
uhhh a member
ähm you are the necomer my kid

Last edited by loler55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.