Gaming BBS patch is coming !

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
Ah. Alright then Mike. I'm about to teach you how to install plugins, which are the best things to ever grace Custom Firmware. They vastly extend the functionality of the PSP to being more than just a PSP, of course.

On the root of your memory stick, there should be a folder called "seplugins". If not, make one. Obviously enough, this is where you'll keep your plugins. Though they don't have to be in there, it's best to keep them there in most cases, as it helps keep things organized.

Inside, there should be 3 text files: game.txt, pops.txt, and vsh.txt.

Game is for the plugins you want running while playing PSP games. Pops is for plugins you want running while playing PS1 games. and VSH is for plugins on the XMB. And entries for the plugins need to be added to these files for them to function. As an example:

ms0:/seplugins/plugin.prx 1 1 means it's turned on. 0 means it's deactivated.

For you, you'll just need to drag and drop everything in the "release.rar" onto the root of the memorystick, as the entries for the plugins are entered already. Do that, and your problem at that point is solved.
Thanks lots man, I got it figured out tho
yaypsp.gif

Could you please send me the HEX edited EBOOT.bin tho, cuz winhex wont let me edit it, even tho i switched it to edit mode...

psanps88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the BBS_dec files on the root, i hex edited the eboot, used umdgen to replace the old one,and i have the plugins in the proper places on the memory stick and enabled them but it still doesnt work. does any one know what i could have done wrong?

psanps88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meowzking said:
oh....WOw i get the Game chould not be started error after i click it
i got that too once. When i put in the usersystemlib620 and the usersystemlib_wrapper on the root, it no longer said unable to start, but then its just a black screen

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, here's what I did (if people are looking for a more specific step-by-step tutorial (although, I still can't get it to work, but will try copying the .prx's back to my memory card with the game.txt file).

ps
I'm running M33 5.00-6

- extracted the BSS1.DAT, BBS2.DAT and BBS3.DAT files from the caravan release using winrar (simply open up the .iso with winrar, copy them to the root of your memory stick and then decrypted them using dnas_decrypter (copied into the \PSP\GAME\ folder)
the screen will go black for about 10mins, but your memory stick access light should flash like crazy during this time. the process to decrypt the BBS.DAT files is complete when your psp goes back to the crossbar menu

- extracted the EBOOT.BIN file from the \SYSDIR folder of the .iso file with umdgen4.00, and then copied it to the \ENC folder on the memory stick
- copied the contents of the release.rar to the root of my memory stick
files that are in the release.rar are:
\seplugins folder containing: game.txt and myusersyslib.prx
sceIoGetstat_wrapper.prx
usersystemlib_wrapper.prx
usersystemlib620.prx
utility_wrapper.prx

- extract PRXdecrypter 2.4b into the \PSP\GAME\ folder

- rebooted the psp and verified that the plugins from the game.txt file were enabled
ms0:/seplugins/myusersyslib.prx 1
ms0:/sceIoGetstat_wrapper.prx 1
ms0:/utility_wrapper.prx 1

- ran PRXdecrypter 2.4b and successfully decrypted the EBOOT.BIN file (log file below)

QUOTE said:
PRXdecrypter 2.4b started, found ms0:/enc/ folder
Logging started at ms0:/enc/log.txt...

Successfully loaded PRXdecrypter02g module

RLZ decompression available
KL3E decompression available
KL4E decompression available

* Going to main menu...
* Output folder is now ms0:/dec/

* Going to main menu...
Decrypting files...

* EBOOT.BIN -> decrypted, saved.

Finished.

* Going to main menu...
Exited PRXdecrypter

- copied the now decrypted EBOOT.BIN from the memory stick back to my computer, loaded it into winhex and changed the following offsets as listed:
00322629: 79 --->4F
00322705: 79 --->5A
00366164: 04 --->40

- saved the newly patched and hexedited EBOOT.BIN file
- launched umdgen4.00 again, opening the original caravan release of the iso
- saved a copy of the files list.txt file
- deleted the original EBOOT.BIN from the \SYSDIR folder
- added in the modified and hex-edited EBOOT.BIN back to the \SYSDIR folder
- re-imported the previously saved file list.txt file
- saved the project as an .iso file

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Real or not, I am just going to buy the American version. If I refuse to support Square_Enix how are they going to make more games.

Plus, I have a PSP 3000. So, I HAVE to buy the game. Good thing the English version has more Keyblades, Enemies, and Cutscenes than the JP version.

psanps88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meowzking said:
Should be i tried the plugins from release in the root an in Seplugins
wtf.gif
what happened to me was while i was trying to get the game to work, ( and it still hasnt) i deleted the two plugins that were on the root of the ms that were not in game.txt. (usersystemlib620.prx and usersystemlib_wrapper) because i thought maybe i didnt need them. After that, when ever i tried to load the game it gave me an error saying it could not be started. When i put the prx files back on the ms root the game began to load again, only it still hast done any thing but stay on a black screen.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psanps88 said:
meowzking said:
wtf.gif
what happened to me was while i was trying to get the game to work, ( and it still hasnt) i deleted the two plugins that were on the root of the ms that were not in game.txt. (usersystemlib620.prx and usersystemlib_wrapper) because i thought maybe i didnt need them. After that, when ever i tried to load the game it gave me an error saying it could not be started. When i put the prx files back on the ms root the game began to load again, only it still hast done any thing but stay on a black screen.
You may have the wrong ISO. If the one you got was a single file, it won't work. The correct ISO needs to be extracted from 72 rar files.

psanps88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
psanps88 said:
meowzking said:
wtf.gif
You may have the wrong ISO. If the one you got was a single file, it won't work. The correct ISO needs to be extracted from 72 rar files.
its been ages since i got the file. all i remember was that it worked when i used it for the first patch, the one that got you to the 3rd red screen.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psanps88 said:
demonicstrife said:
psanps88 said:
meowzking said:
wtf.gif
its been ages since i got the file. all i remember was that it worked when i used it for the first patch, the one that got you to the 3rd red screen.
Might want to reobtain it then.

psanps88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
psanps88 said:
demonicstrife said:
psanps88 said:
meowzking said:
wtf.gif
Might want to reobtain it then.
thanks for the advice. now i just have to wait.

keayshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was starting the game on my PSP 2000 (5.00 m33-6) and I was able to run it and save my game successfully. However, when I start the game or I try to save a game, I encountered a red message box which says that the system file is broken. Is that a common thing when the BBS patch is applied?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keayshen said:
I was starting the game on my PSP 2000 (5.00 m33-6) and I was able to run it and save my game successfully. However, when I start the game or I try to save a game, I encountered a red message box which says that the system file is broken. Is that a common thing when the BBS patch is applied?
You need to have an already created system file save present on your stick. I've uploaded one in my Guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts