BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks...thanks for nothing to the developer. I know this crap is designed for portable wiis. But still.

Something inside this bullshit ruined something in my wii. I dunno what it is. I restored successfully my nand backup, but that didn't change anything. My wii is still unable to read discs. A big thanks to aurelio.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried RVLoader on my Wii this weekend and I want to share some tips for enjoying the experience in a non-trimmed Wii. I've used a Wii rvl-001 and an original gamecube controller.
  • Before putting RVLoader into your apps folder, erase Installer.dol. After that, the app will load without asking about installation.
  • Remember RVLoader loads games out of your usb. If you wanna play your Wii games with your GC controller, the first thing is configuring the inputs mapping (press B and then go to the last option). When you're done, press Start (I have experience a couple of freezes doing that but maybe it's my flash drive).
  • First time you try to boot a game, you'd probably receive an error message. Leave the Wii be for a minute since the program is writing files to your storage.
  • Now, I recommend changing the menu theme (for some reason, it has made a difference to me). The program will send you to the main menu. Start it again.
  • Once you're in RVLoader again, boot the game you've mapped the inputs before. It should boot perfectly
First time you play, you'd probably notice the mapping you've chosen is not the best. Just leave to the main menu and change it to your taste.

alzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tried RVLoader on my Wii this weekend and I want to share some tips for enjoying the experience in a non-trimmed Wii. I've used a Wii rvl-001 and an original gamecube controller.
  • Before putting RVLoader into your apps folder, erase Installer.dol. After that, the app will load without asking about installation.
  • Remember RVLoader loads games out of your usb. If you wanna play your Wii games with your GC controller, the first thing is configuring the inputs mapping (press B and then go to the last option). When you're done, press Start (I have experience a couple of freezes doing that but maybe it's my flash drive).
  • First time you try to boot a game, you'd probably receive an error message. Leave the Wii be for a minute since the program is writing files to your storage.
  • Now, I recommend changing the menu theme (for some reason, it has made a difference to me). The program will send you to the main menu. Start it again.
  • Once you're in RVLoader again, boot the game you've mapped the inputs before. It should boot perfectly
First time you play, you'd probably notice the mapping you've chosen is not the best. Just leave to the main menu and change it to your taste.
Ok but important question. If I go your way and skip the installation process, would rvloader make any changes to my wii like patches etc? I hope not.

Personally I would rather wait for usbloadergx to implement wiimote emulation I guess.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok but important question. If I go your way and skip the installation process, would rvloader make any changes to my wii like patches etc? I hope not.

Personally I would rather wait for usbloadergx to implement wiimote emulation I guess.
No, it won't. If you erase the installer.dol, rvloader will behave as a regular loader just like cfg loader or wiiflow.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.... this part implies that vc and wiiware wads can be played directly from the wad itself, without installing it to real or emulated nands... still experimental, and I haven't personally tried it, but I've never heard of anyone attempting something like this before

https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader#virtualconsole-wiiware--wii-channels
The only other thing that would make this a 10/10 release would be patching out the need for the optical drive board to be attached for portable builds.
Post automatically merged:

What? Why wiimote emulation on real hardware?
It's geared towards portable Wii builds, which do not need a Wiimote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls