Battle.net and Diablo III help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Tokiopop, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Tokiopop
    OP

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    I've never used or purchased anything involving battle.net before, so I'm a little confused as to the EU and US differences.

Am I correct in understanding these are two separate servers, and whatever I have on one wont carry over onto the other? If so, when I purchase the game will I be stuck on the region I purchased it on? I'm asking this because buying the game with the expansion is considerably cheaper on US rather than EU. My plan is to buy the game on US (is this possible from the UK?), and play with both US and EU friends (not at the same time necessarily). To buy the US version is roughly £36, whereas the EU version would cost £50.

Cheers :)

Okay I'm retarded, I'll be able to play on any region. I guess this is now just a question about purchasing on the US site instead? I have a US VPN if they try make it tricky I guess.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You should be fine buying it on the US Store from what I can tell.

Though from a little bit of googling, it's recommended you buy RoS as a gift and then just activate the gift code on your EU account.

3. MrEl

MrEl GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Do a lot of people play Diablo III these days? I know the expansion set is just released, but I haven't seen anyone playing it yet around me.
    They're just too into LoL and Dota2.

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
  5. MrEl

MrEl GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Whoa! I clicked that link and you have like ten 70 chars with hardcore... That's awesome :)