TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED  
  1. CyHo

OP CyHo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Just purchase a MSI GE72VR 7RF APACHE PRO, and i realise that the battery is none removeable. Will it effect the battery while keep charging while gaming or battery life will died fast?

Because i always plugin the charger all the time in gaming, scare will ruin the battery very fast

2. raystriker

raystriker The powers that be

India
    There is no correct answer for this, as far as I know. I think in this day and age, power and thermal management have become pretty advanced. So you really needn't worry about it.

3. CyHo

OP CyHo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Ahhhh, thanks, because i'm quite heavy user, will always need to charge

4. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Just checked your laptop on google, it's worth like 1600 euro so you must have the nvidia 1060. It's made for gaming, so it should have a quality battery. I never dealt with a non-removable battery devices, some smartphones have that too. It kinda sucks.

5. CyHo

OP CyHo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Yea, this is my first deal for none removable battery, kinda worry about the battery life

6. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Generally you can expect at least 3 years of life from your battery no matter how you use it (plugged into the wall at all times or proper power cycles). Overcharging is no longer a thing and batteries are usually in a separate thermal "chamber" from the rest of the system so overheating is much less of a problem.

For a more realistic expectation, look at the warranty that comes with the laptop and how many years try cover it for. The standard is 1 year (although consumer trade act covers you for 6 years), but they sometimes mention 3-5 years for certain parts which may include non-removable battery servicing.

RaMon90 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Question, Battery, laptop