Hardware Battery problem?

NebulaJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, one of my 3DSs started being extremely sensitive to hard touches (for example, when I put on a table), to the point it shuts down, but this was a few months, if not a year ago. Recently, my 3DS started not powering up when not connected to the charger. However, when it's connected to the charger, the charging light pops up, but when I try to power up the DS, the light goes off, and if I click on Power again, it works fine. I've considered ordering a new battery, but I'm not sure if it is indeed, a problem of the battery, or if it's a wiring problem, so I'd like a second opinion from you guys.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try a hardmod on the console that started being sensitive? You might've rekt the wiring. Can you take a battery from another 3ds and test it in the sensitive console to see if it's a battery problem or a console problem?

NebulaJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try a hardmod on the console that started being sensitive? You might've rekt the wiring. Can you take a battery from another 3ds and test it in the sensitive console to see if it's a battery problem or a console problem?
Nah, I had emunand and A9LH, but it started acting like that before I did those things. I probably can't get another 3DS to test since my models are different, but I'll try to see if I can ask a friend.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I had emunand and A9LH, but it started acting like that before I did those things. I probably can't get another 3DS to test since my models are different, but I'll try to see if I can ask a friend.
its the battery. those go bad after a few years and need to be replaced.

NebulaJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double-posting, but I have to update. Didn't touch the battery because I forgot to take the screwdriver (3DS is with my gf, but it was already working strangely on my hands, so she's clean), but now the sound started working strangely too. Unless the volume is at the max, the sound gets really weird. I might think this has to do with the wiring now, but I'd still like your opinion. I asked her to record a vid, it's on potato quality, but I hope with works. I'll try to get a better version on Wednesday with my phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong