Battery mod alternatives

pedrocaseiro95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It feels quite weird to do this but if it works it ain't stupid (at least in the short run)

I don't think it is viable to do the makho battery mod (YouTube video for reference Makho Battery Mod)

In my southern european country I have no acess to a cheap place where I can print PCBs, the only people who manufacture them only accept industrial size orders and having them shipped from the UK costs a small fortune. I got the battery from Aliexpress, it was cheap and took, give or take, a month to arrive.

As a temporary solution, I just tuck the cables between the contacts and the plastic enclosure that goes in the motherboard. I don't know if this has harmful effects long term other than disconnecting mid game and making me lose all the progress.

I was thinking of soldering the battery wires to the contacts but I can see how that can get annoying if I need to open the GBA and once again, I don't know how harmful that can be.

How do I go from here?

Thanks

1643295387338.jpg

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Do not solder to the gold contacts. It will cause bad contact in the long run when you get the PCB or a regular battery at some point. The gold plating is there to prevent contact issues. Sticking the wires in there is not a good idea either due to risking a short but it might do as temporary solution.

As for how to get the PCB i have no idea. Maybe someone sells them on eBay or one of the various retro modding shops.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can have small quantities of PCBs made in china and shipped to you. 10 pieces can be had for as little as $5 or your currencies equivalent. It usually takes about 2 weeks for the PCBs to arrive from china, though with the cheaper shipping

Personally, I have used PCBway twice in the past and they give you a $5 discount for your first order.

https://www.pcbway.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny