Hacking battery life?!?!

tim_baller_tim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the battery of my ds lite short? It's in the lowest brightness setting, i use edge flash cart and its battery lasts like only ten hours. I thought it would be like 15-19 hours in lowest brightness setting.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Depends on what you use it for.... What do you do with it?? Like games, movies, music etc.. Do you use the touch screen a lot, Do you leave it on standby.?? Do you fully charge your ds and let it run down to almost flat before charging?? And also flashcarts do tend to drain it a little bit quicker the usual but not a lot.. (not what yours is anyway).. Just post a bit more info on it and it will be easier to determine what is draining it..
tongue.gif

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I usually fully charge my DS (a whole night) en use the lowest brightness setting.
My battery lasts a week. I regulary use Wi-fi but not the touch screen.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
My DS Lite only lasts about 3 hours :-/

Funny thing is replacing the battery with one of those high capacity DS Lite batteries gives even less battery life
frown.gif
Consider yourself lucky.

tim_baller_tim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Depends on what you use it for.... What do you do with it?? Like games, movies, music etc.. Do you use the touch screen a lot, Do you leave it on standby.?? Do you fully charge your ds and let it run down to almost flat before charging?? And also flashcarts do tend to drain it a little bit quicker the usual but not a lot.. (not what yours is anyway).. Just post a bit more info on it and it will be easier to determine what is draining it..
tongue.gif
Okay. I only use it for games. I use the touch screen not often, not seldom. I don't leave it on standby. I recharge it when it goes red.
cool.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How old is your DS?

It will slowly lose battery life as you use it, things that can speed up this process include heat and infrequent charging*.

So while it may start off at 15+hrs it can be half that after 2 years. In either case you could try getting a replacement battery, though be wary, as although some may say 2000mAh (2x normal) they are probably not.

*unlike Ni-Cd's you shouldn't try to fully discharge the battery, you should keep it as charged it whenever you can.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Nickle Batteries should be drained and emptied before you recharge them.

The DS, on the other hand, uses a Lithium Battery. If you let it go below ~15% power, in reduces the maximum charge. Lithium batteries should be charged frequently.

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude i think 10 hrs is pretty good i get around 12-ish not really sure i dont count
but usually it lasts a wk to a wk and a half depending on wat i do with it

dont sweat it man 10 hrs is good
btw how old is it?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get 4 hours max, usually less. Then again, I'm always using my Supercard miniSD with Wifi, so that's probably why. Even still, ten hours would be amazing to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....