Hardware Battery drain issues

AliceOnDrugs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys, I've got a switch with SX OS, my joycon rail pins bent so it's not detecting the joycon as attached to the console, but it recognize it as "wireless" and charging work.

The issue I've been having is that my battery drains A LOT, I can have it at 100% and after an hour in sleep mode I've got 53% and it's hot, It was never like that.

Any idea what could be happening? might be 'cause of the bent pins or it might actually be something else?

Thanks!

Koko210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
On SX OS here with a modded right Joy Con that is not being detected as railed anymore, just charges, and I had the EXACT same problem till yesterday. I'm not sure how exactly I fixed it but I'll list the things I did so you can try them.
Firstly, I uninstalled AutoRCM, even though I don't remember installing it. Figured that maybe it asked and I clicked OK way back when I was first setting up SX OS.

Secondly, I tried the official Nintendo solution of recalibrating the battery - drain it to 0% so it turns off and let it charge ALL the way to 100 WITHOUT playing on the console and without interrupting the charge.

Lastly, and what I think was the solution, was for me to just leave the console with the right, modded Joy Con not attached. It seems that the console won't stop charging it when it doesn't detect it as railed and that makes the console overheat and drains the battery. Before it would go from 100% to 10-20 overnight and now it drops only to 98.

I hope I helped you <3

AliceOnDrugs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
On SX OS here with a modded right Joy Con that is not being detected as railed anymore, just charges, and I had the EXACT same problem till yesterday. I'm not sure how exactly I fixed it but I'll list the things I did so you can try them.
Firstly, I uninstalled AutoRCM, even though I don't remember installing it. Figured that maybe it asked and I clicked OK way back when I was first setting up SX OS.

Secondly, I tried the official Nintendo solution of recalibrating the battery - drain it to 0% so it turns off and let it charge ALL the way to 100 WITHOUT playing on the console and without interrupting the charge.

Lastly, and what I think was the solution, was for me to just leave the console with the right, modded Joy Con not attached. It seems that the console won't stop charging it when it doesn't detect it as railed and that makes the console overheat and drains the battery. Before it would go from 100% to 10-20 overnight and now it drops only to 98.

I hope I helped you <3

Really grateful for the advice! <3

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys, I've got a switch with SX OS, my joycon rail pins bent so it's not detecting the joycon as attached to the console, but it recognize it as "wireless" and charging work.

The issue I've been having is that my battery drains A LOT, I can have it at 100% and after an hour in sleep mode I've got 53% and it's hot, It was never like that.

Any idea what could be happening? might be 'cause of the bent pins or it might actually be something else?

Thanks!
Is the issue happening when the joycon is connected to the switch ? If so the joycon could be shorting something out hence the heat and the battery drainage

Koko210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Is the issue happening when the joycon is connected to the switch ? If so the joycon could be shorting something out hence the heat and the battery drainage

That's what I believe happens, yeah. Sounds more logical than it just charging it more than it should.

Koko210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Why are you using that bent pin method and not the reed method btw ? It's super easy to do

Not sure about OP but I consciously avoided the bent pins method. I just soldered the two pins on the board of the JoyCon together a while back, before people started coming up with the Reed solution, I believe.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not sure about OP but I consciously avoided the bent pins method. I just soldered the two pins on the board of the JoyCon together a while back, before people started coming up with the Reed solution, I believe.
Ah sorry mixed you up with the OP sorry about that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...