OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A few months ago, I broke the battery door on my PSP2000 Since then, Ive bought new ones on some shady chinese website.

My problem is that the battery won't stay in place with those new doors. There seems to be too much free space between the door and the battery. Whenever I change position and my psp moves back a little bit, the PSP shuts down because the battery moves inside.

Right now, I'm using paper to keep it in place. I just folded a business card in 3 and put it between the door and the battery and so far, it seems to be solving my problem. However, I'm not a big fan of using paper next to a heat source so I was wondering if you guys knew any alternative to paper.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think paper is not a bad solution, if a battery gets so hot it can inflame paper, you'll probably have other problems.
You could use cardboard like macmanhigh suggested, that should take a little longer to get burning.
I'm not sure if anything better comes to mind, you'll want something harder to inflame then paper, that does not meld and does not conduct electricity or heat (like metal foil i.e.).
If you want to be really safe, the best thing would probably be buying a better battery door, maybe from a broken PSP from ebay or something like that.

Codc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you both for your solutions.

After playing on my PSP for a while today, I've found out that my battery's life has been reduced to almost an hour and a half.

I've ordered a new battery on Amazon and it's bundled with a battery door since the battery seems to be bigger than the original one. Hopefully this will fix my problems and I'll be able to keep on trying to finish my PSP backlog.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you both for your solutions.

After playing on my PSP for a while today, I've found out that my battery's life has been reduced to almost an hour and a half.

I've ordered a new battery on Amazon and it's bundled with a battery door since the battery seems to be bigger than the original one. Hopefully this will fix my problems and I'll be able to keep on trying to finish my PSP backlog.
Ah ok, I hope that works out for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again