Hacking batch script to backup saves

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks!  Something happened to my Trauma Centre save though
frown.gif
  I'm not sure what, but all the saves are blank now!  I'm not sure what caused this.  Either it's an error in the script or maybe I wrote over the saves with a freshly burned copy of Trauma...

Either way it sucks... though I did finish the game last night.  Guess I'll never do the X missions...

When you copy a game onto the G6 lite the U-Disk creates a new saves for the game, so maybe after you copied the game you run the script and overwrited your saves with the blank saves.

Yeah, I hope that's the case! I like this script too much to stop using it. Backing up 3(6) saves per game everytime is a real pain! I have decided, however, to keep my *important* saves (aka I've spent more than 2 hours on the game)in a second backup folder so they will never be rewritten by the script. If I lost FFTactics 20 hours in, I think I would cry!

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Sorry to be a pain, but I don't really understand this, but it does sound ace! (I loved how with my M3 the games were stored in a seperate folder to the games) - but I'm not sure how to do it.

I want NDS games to backup to:
C:/NDSBackup (just say for example, I can easily move them afterwards)

I want my GBA games to backup to:
C:/GBABackup (as above ^)

And I think my G6 shows up as drive F:

If anyone can help, that'd be great, thanks!

DeVS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a pain, but I don't really understand this, but it does sound ace! (I loved how with my M3 the games were stored in a seperate folder to the games) - but I'm not sure how to do it.

I want NDS games to backup to:
C:/NDSBackup (just say for example, I can easily move them afterwards)

I want my GBA games to backup to:
C:/GBABackup (as above ^)

And I think my G6 shows up as drive F:

If anyone can help, that'd be great, thanks!

Your bat file would be this:

@ECHO OFF

copy "F:\NDS\*.0" "C:\NDSBackup" >nul
copy "F:\NDS\*.1" "C:\NDSBackup" >nul
copy "F:\NDS\*.2" "C:\NDSBackup" >nul

del "C:\NDSBackup\wrg*"

copy "F:\GBA\*.0" "C:\GBABackup" >nul
copy "F:\GBA\*.1" "C:\GBABackup" >nul
copy "F:\GBA\*.2" "C:\GBABackup" >nul

Copy the above text into notepad and save it as G6 Backup.bat (or anyname.bat) and run it. Hope this helps.

krad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huge thanks, you're a star!
smile.gif

you can go further into automation by creating a autorun.inf on the root of the g6lite... make the autorun in notepad and point to the bat file. You could setup parameters to the copy command to overwrite, not overwrite, compress errors, run anyway.

I will take this script and look at it closly.

you could also at the end gzip the whole directory and input the date after the title of the folder.

viola a zip file with all your saves and icons.... everytime you plug in the g6lite to your computer.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.