1. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Generally WiiWare WADs are Ok, if you know the source. Only forwarders and custom WADs are really risky. But "bricking" vWii is also Ok, you can make Wii U forwarders for loading everything directly from Wii U menu and even use the HBL2HBC homebrew to jump directly into the Homebrew Channel, bypassing the vWii Menu and fortunately "the brick".

2. robco7

robco7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    It says the original post was last updated in 2017, have there been any developments or things learned in the last couple years that are important enough to add to it? I definitely agree with not messing around with things if you're not certain you know what you're doing, and unfortunately I'm a moron with this stuff plus I have no idea what advice is outdated or not, especially now that I'm guessing the Wii U is no longer online.

3. robco7
    This message by robco7 has been removed from public view by x65943, Jun 16, 2019, Reason: Dupe.
    Jun 16, 2019
  4. imaginarysonicsc

Newcomer

Australia
    My vWii is saying "Your Wii System Memory is full" every time I load it, despite this not being the case. If go into data management, it will always say 0 blocks, even if I delete something. I can still install and uninstall WADs through modmii, so I know there is space for sure. Normally this wouldnt be an issue, but a WiiU app I want to use requires there be free vWii space.

Any ideas?

5. Datsami0

Datsami0 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The last thing I will do before dying is installing Priiloader on vWii

6. protivakid

protivakid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Was this ever updated to work under vWii? Seeing "HW_AHBPROT hardware register is not disabled" when I try on my WiiU. Or do we not need to dump keys anymore?

7. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/xyzzy-mod

jeannotte likes this.
  8. protivakid

United States
  9. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    You must place both boot.dol and meta.xml files in the same directory before launching the application via HBC. Otherwise, full hardware access won't be granted to xyzzy, which is needed to dump console-specific keydata.

jeannotte and protivakid like this.
  10. protivakid

United States
    Yep the issue was a bad meta.xml file. I downloaded it using "save target as". Downloading the whole repo and grabbing the files from there worked, thanks!!

11. AndreAR

AndreAR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I want to delete vwii Mii channel and install original wii ones to move all my miis from the original wii to vwii. Has that a risk of brick?

12. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I cant find a answer for this via Google search but,,,

"Is it safe to install Japanese WADs on a US vWii?"

13. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

I have a bunch of WiiWare and Wii VC Wad files of which I used on my Wii back in the day, most are official but some are injects, all tested on my Wii, can I install those on my vWii via Wad Manager or is it risky?

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Should work. Install them all to emunand.

15. sonictopfan

I meant to install them on realNAND I already tested them on EmuNAND they seem to work fine except of course the ones that don’t work using cIOS EmuNAND.

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you shouldn't have problems with games. games that don't work with emunand, use neek.

17. sonictopfan

I prefer to use NEEK too but for some reason NEEK2o isn’t working on vWii even though it works fine on Wii so idk.

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you need a different neek2o, I believe. the one on the virtual wii is a leaked version. I think you can build it on the normal wii. you'll need to google search for the files. you just need kernel.bin or vwiikernel.bin (@Cyan , told me that usb loader gx can use either with the vwii), font.bin, and maybe di.bin (if using disc stuff). I think di.bin and font.bin might be the same for both systems, but the kernel.bin/vwiikernel.bin is not.

19. sonictopfan

Alright, thanks a ton, it’s been several years since I created neek2o and I just used the same setup from my Wii hard drive, guess I should check if I have the proper files installed.

20. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    don't forget to make a vWii NAND dump too, you can't use your existing Wii emuNAND on vWii, the IOSes and NAND content are different. (additional layer of encryption)

Last edited by Cyan, Mar 7, 2021
    godreborn likes this.
  21. sonictopfan

Actually using my Wii Emunand on vWii cIOS mode worked perfectly fine via USB-Loader GX, no modifications whatsoever, however NEEK2o isn’t working on vWii for some reason, could you perhaps help me find a tutorial or something to help me with that?

Last edited by sonictopfan, Mar 7, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - modding, Basic,