Basic Do's and Do NOT's of vWii modding

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by damysteryman, Dec 17, 2012.

1. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Generally WiiWare WADs are Ok, if you know the source. Only forwarders and custom WADs are really risky. But "bricking" vWii is also Ok, you can make Wii U forwarders for loading everything directly from Wii U menu and even use the HBL2HBC homebrew to jump directly into the Homebrew Channel, bypassing the vWii Menu and fortunately "the brick".

2. robco7

robco7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    It says the original post was last updated in 2017, have there been any developments or things learned in the last couple years that are important enough to add to it? I definitely agree with not messing around with things if you're not certain you know what you're doing, and unfortunately I'm a moron with this stuff plus I have no idea what advice is outdated or not, especially now that I'm guessing the Wii U is no longer online.

3. robco7
    This message by robco7 has been removed from public view by x65943, Jun 16, 2019, Reason: Dupe.
    Jun 16, 2019
  4. imaginarysonicsc

imaginarysonicsc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2008
    Australia
    My vWii is saying "Your Wii System Memory is full" every time I load it, despite this not being the case. If go into data management, it will always say 0 blocks, even if I delete something. I can still install and uninstall WADs through modmii, so I know there is space for sure. Normally this wouldnt be an issue, but a WiiU app I want to use requires there be free vWii space.

Any ideas?