Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a bunch of xb1 games, ps4, wiiu, 3ds and had vita when it was still alive. Im not trashing any system but just giving quick analysis of them, matter of fact i play ps4 and ps3 probably the most hrs because of the length of some games or time of sports quarters on a tv console. Time in hours still doesnt make it the funnest this or that.

with the release of the nx and the death of exclusives and the importance of parity in this 'half' cycle i can just go nx and not care too much about anything else

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I'm looking into my crystal ball.....

I see a small box.

Theres a useless gimmick.

It's grossly underpowered.

Theres 5 third-party titles during its whole life cycle.

Theres a mario platformer, a donkey kong platformer, go kart racer... Hold on a minute....

Where i have i seen this before?

Reactions: Touko White

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into my crystal ball.....

I see a small box.

Theres a useless gimmick.

It's grossly underpowered.

Theres 5 third-party titles during its whole life cycle.

Theres a mario platformer, a donkey kong platformer, go kart racer... Hold on a minute....

Where i have i seen this before?

Thats what i was talking about in a previous quote about the Specs Wars without the exclusives. If you want super specs and populat games then go all out on an intel i7-6700 cpu and gtx 1080 and call it a decade...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You are, though
You sure argued that point well. I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

It's a gimmicky controller that most games were forced upon rather than allowing games to use a normal traditional controller.
Yes, we've already established that you don't like it, but that is a non-sequitur to the statement to which you are replying. You disliking it doesn't make it objectively bad and therefore should definitely be ditched.

It's Nintendo. They always come up with some stupid B.S. gimmick.
Yup. Sure was a stupid gimmick to add shoulder buttons. And an analog stick. And Rumble. And Save-games. And touchscreens. They should just stick to what's already out there, gaming can't evolve any further except in graphics.

The GamePad was Wii U's Kinect.
Except not. It works and it was supported to the end instead of ditching it and leaving those who have it to see it collect dust as developers don't use it since that would fracture the potential customer base.

That's a lie.
Damn, you called my bluff. I've got totally ripped arms from all my time playing the Wii U. Wanna arm wrestle? I'll break your arm in half like a twig with all the strength the Wii U built in me.

Yes it is and you know it. Capacitive allows to be more precise, accurate and use multiple actions at the same time whereas resistive it's one per action.
Try doing some research instead of talking out your ass.

You keep on praising Nintendo constantly so no, you're a Nintendo fanboy not a video game fanboy. A "video game fanboy" is someone that loves all gaming systems equally which you do not.
I've never called myself a video game fanboy. I do like video games, and I tend to like the way Nintendo makes them. There are times where I have had critical remarks for Nintendo; I just don't happen to agree with most of the criticisms I see out of the general community here.

I'm not a fan of the Power Twins as I see them as little more than underpowered locked-down PCs that require a subscription to go online. I've got a real PC that I can game on, so what do I need them for? They get a couple exclusives that don't come to PC, but most of that isn't particularly to my taste.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i put in a little time in thinking and some on youtube nx rumors and for some reason what Regie FilsAimes said about Nintendo not pursuing VR until it becomes mainstream.

THEN i thought about the Nintendo CodeName MH, which was said to be released if things go a certain way....

OKAY, i think i figured it out, the MH is a POSSIBLE VR Headset in the shadows with low funding...

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY.... It leads me to conclude the nx Will MOST LIKELY Have A Screen Handheld Controller NOT SOLD SEPERATELY!!! Or available immediately on release day too

Last edited by gameboy,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone and their mothers thought the MH was the handheld, including myself...
therefor made me believe the gimmick was a headset similar to what they showed in starfox cartoon.

so if the MH was indeed a possible vr headset, it would put the screen handheld rumored gimmmick set to release on the same day as the NX. So i wrote stuff on impulse on top...

so the NX will MOST LIKELY have the handheld device readily available on the same day as the release day of the NX. But with the old survey someone leaked, it said the NX would come with the NX controller. But Nintendo said this system was gonna be affordable.

CONCLUSION.

the nx might come out with the handheld on day one. Itll come packaged with the console, OR be sold seperately like the xbox elite controller. AGAIN THIS IS JUST SPECULATION

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the MH isn't a dual-screen they may be forced to drop support for the 3DS...
Unless they can emulate it on the single screen (like DS on the Game Pad or emu on Android). Or they could be at-home only where the 1st screen is on the TV and 2nd screen is on the MH, but that seems too messy.

I think it'll be dual screen anyways, though. They've been successful with it so far. And I'll be pissed if I can't play Sun/Moon on NX lol.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they can emulate it on the single screen (like DS on the Game Pad or emu on Android). Or they could be at-home only where the 1st screen is on the TV and 2nd screen is on the MH, but that seems too messy.

I think it'll be dual screen anyways, though. They've been successful with it so far. And I'll be pissed if I can't play Sun/Moon on NX lol.

there are no releases for any 3ds games in 2017. it might be dead like wiiu

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be a 3DS VC game at that point. Or have backwards compatibility for 3DS cartridges.

yea, the 3ds has stage 8 pirate hack cancer but it enjoyed a full life span. RIP muhammad ali.... and 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and MegaMan lol mighty no9

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Heyyyy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No matter, afterwards Trump will claim he won, and Biden won't even remember what happened or who he is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want Bidens mic to run out of batteries so he forgets what to say