Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually play with graphics LOCKED at 1080p and there is a HUGE difference. Most TVs can natively switch between 480p 720p 1080p. Its why 900p is a problem too because most cant switch to native 900p and its a blurry mess.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That picture of falco and the patents (somewhere on thus thread)
ITS 3D AND AR (AUGMENTED REALITY)(it existed with the 3ds too somewhat)
looking at the survey posted a year ago it'll come with TWO controllers one specifically labeled NX controller (handheld hybrid?)
The reason for the 900p output? Itll possible be able to support 4+ NX contollers at the same time.
The wiiu was only able to use ONE gamepad and that pissed everyone off too
CZK7oYAWAAEBrhh.png

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Hope that the 'game controller' really is a game controller and not some weird dated tablet hybrid like the Wii U GamePad. I'd so love to see Nintendo release a controller similar to this one for NX:

g9kMtje.png

or

nZlx0h4.jpg

After using this controller above (Gioteck GC-2) for all my gaming on the Wii U my hands can't get used to the Wii U Pro Controller any more because the right top analogue stick just feels so much out of place and highly uncomfortable if you need to move the camera every once in a while.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope that the 'game controller' really is a game controller and not some weird dated tablet hybrid like the Wii U GamePad. I'd so love to see Nintendo release a controller similar to this one for NX:

g9kMtje.png

or

nZlx0h4.jpg

After using this controller above (Gioteck GC-2) for all my gaming on the Wii U my hands can't get used to the Wii U Pro Controller any more because the right top analogue stick just feels so much out of place and highly uncomfortable if you need to move the camera every once in a while.
The first one looks pretty good, the second one, not really too different from wii u pro controller which is good enough.
That picture of falco and the patents (somewhere on thus thread)
ITS 3D AND AR (AUGMENTED REALITY)(it existed with the 3ds too somewhat)
looking at the survey posted a year ago it'll come with TWO controllers one specifically labeled NX controller (handheld hybrid?)
The reason for the 900p output? Itll possible be able to support 4+ NX contollers at the same time.
The wiiu was only able to use ONE gamepad and that pissed everyone off too
CZK7oYAWAAEBrhh.png
Yeah but at 900p nx would be wii u all over again at this rate. But if it is capable of 4 seperate 900p then 2k/ 1080 vr will be a possiblity.
No source actually claim that would be the new gamepad or tv.
And Nintendo might have a change of plan during the period of this survey.
And again it is good if it is a low power handheld.

Last edited by Yil,

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But if you stream to 2+ gamepad-like devices itll use more power, hence the 900p
It is even possible that 900p with shading/ anti-antialiasing/ quality to max. Or simply the port is outdated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if you stream to 2+ gamepad-like devices itll use more power, hence the 900p
Beside, it takes just above 1080p to do that.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we really being too optimistic with NX before ever seeing it? Everything hints that it WILL be the best at everything. Nintendo even went into Red Alert status

900p onscreen tv with 2+ offscreen cntrollers with 3D+AR

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The first one looks pretty good, the second one, not really too different from wii u pro controller which is good enough.

Yeah but at 900p nx would be wii u all over again at this rate. But if it is capable of 4 seperate 900p then 2k/ 1080 vr will be a possiblity.
No source actually claim that would be the new gamepad or tv.
And Nintendo might have a change of plan during the period of this survey.
And again it is good if it is a low power handheld.
The controller layout is what makes it better than the actual WUPC and way more comfortable.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This system is gonna be rooted SO fast. I always viewed this thread as baseless and just doing small reseach, im surprised this stuff existed years ago...
as i havent read any of the sources on page 1 lol

Originally Posted by Iwata on Jan 30th, 2014

"Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment. However, we are hoping to change and correct the situation in which we develop games for different platforms individually and sometimes disappoint consumers with game shortages as we attempt to move from one platform to another, and we believe that we will be able to deliver tangible results in the future."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171059

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
So guys, what about the system being Cartridge based? Do you think this could be it for blu-ray?

It will reduce the system space a lot and with the right partners 32 to 128 GB should be possible in 3DS cart sizes.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Or maybe you failed to adapt to it.
Nope. It's really uncomfortable and I'm not the only one who feels this way. Mind keeping that fanboy sentiment to yourself next time, Yil.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy heck if that's the case, that'd be amazing, since an R9 390 is currently around GTX 970 tier
Price, not performance, plus the terrible dx11 drivers which dx11 itself is designed for Nvidia. 480x should be above 390x in performance with great driver support.

So guys, what about the system being Cartridge based? Do you think this could be it for blu-ray?

It will reduce the system space a lot and with the right partners 32 to 128 GB should be possible in 3DS cart sizes.
I still have trouble imagining stuffing a gpu inside, getting away with extra cooling and good enough prices. Blueray is very slow for today's standard though.
It's mostly up to amd/ manufacturer now.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i heard the polaris 11 series is for laptops not pc so it wouldnt be TOO powerful or have heat issues. with cartridges i would think it would cost a lot more (nintendo is cheap) so i would also assume not as many 3rd party although load times would be faster. Nintendo is making its own OS to accompany this new generation of nintendo. They aiming to bring products like Apple's "i" products, different thing all in the same family.

Keep in mind the ps4 isnt that great a console when it comes to performance against decent pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sonics*