basehaxx question.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nickm23, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Nickm23
    OP

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    So i am using the correct firmware number, i am using a cartridge of omega ruby with no update, yet everytime i try to trigger basehaxx it sends me to the home menu saying an error has occurered. Any ideas? (running 10.7.0.32E)

thanks.

2. FanmadeEndings

FanmadeEndings GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Did you form a team before you installed basehaxx? It's a requirement!

3. Nickm23
    OP

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    how exactly to i make a team? I never used the base system in oras :)

4. FanmadeEndings

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You go to another base, talk to a person there, something something add as a group member (or something), fly back to your base, talk to that person, select "form a team", save game, install exploit. Sorry I'm being so unprecise, I don't remember it that well, but after you talked to a person in another base, it should be pretty straight forward.

5. Nickm23
    OP

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    thanks for the quick reply :)

I tried that but once in my base i get the folllowing options:

Lets do a battle
    Make me something
    Say goodbye
    Do nothing

Any tips left?

6. FanmadeEndings

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Did you import a save without basehaxx?

7. Nickm23
    OP

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    I imported a clean save from my normal omega ruby (never used basehaxx until today) and everytime i retry i made sure to inject the fresh save again.

8. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    You don't have to create a team at all.

1. Make sure you have a secret base and are able to rename your team.
    2. Download the latest version of the Hombrew Starter Kit:https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
    3. Download the latest version of the basehaxx_sploit_installer:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/basehaxx_sploit_installer.zip
    4. Extract the starter kit at the root of the SD card used by the target console and copy the installer in the /3ds/ folder of the console used to install the exploit.
    5. (Recommended)Make some backups of your save file (using svdt for example).
    6. Run the homebrew launcher and launch the installer, select the firmware of the target console and follow the instructions.
    7. Then launch the game on the target console and try to rename your secret team name, the hax will be triggered and the in-game menu will appear.
    8. To launch the homebrew launcher, just select the 1st option.

9. FanmadeEndings

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Basicly implies you have to create a team. Also, I had the same issue as OP and it worked after I created a team before setting up basehaxx.

10. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I never created a team while using Basehaxx and it worked just fine. So I'm 99% sure it's not necessary else the guide would direct you to create one first. And you can RENAME YOUR TEAM without having one Lol. The option is in the menu the first time you enter a secret base and can be used right away.

Last edited by Majickhat55, Aug 3, 2016
  11. Nickm23
    OP

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    yea i found it out in the end, was an error on my side.

Thanks for the reply though all :D

12. FanmadeEndings

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Nice!

I know it has no relevance anymore, but I'm just saying: No, you can't. You can after installing basehaxx, but the steps are meant to be checked before installing it. And if you've got no team before installing it, you can't rename any. I tried that myself.