Homebrew Basehaxx effect on my normal OR save?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that once implemented, trying to change my team name will trigger the homebrew.

But how will this effect my ability to play the game regularly? Should I powersave-backup my current save first or should it be fine as long as I don't care about teams?

Extension: Will the hacked save be Powersave-capable?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I understand that once implemented, trying to change my team name will trigger the homebrew.

But how will this effect my ability to play the game regularly? Should I powersave-backup my current save first or should it be fine as long as I don't care about teams?

Extension: Will the hacked save be Powersave-capable?
yeah, backup your save with powersaves beforehand, and when you're finished with whatever you have to do with homebrew restore the save

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, backup your save with powersaves beforehand, and when you're finished with whatever you have to do with homebrew restore the save
Ok, I thought as much.

Does the hack prevent Powersaves on the modded version, or will I be fine to use PS to switch back and forth between them?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, however, what would be the risks/consequences of playing normally with the hacked version of my save?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IIRC, basehaxx mangles data relating to contest photos as well as your Secret Base name and stuff. Playing the game normally with any online-relevant data mangled isn't something I'd personally recommend.

And keep in mind that basehaxx (unlike the far more sensible Pokémon Bank) defaults to download versions of games, and will ignore your cartridge if you have a CIA (legit or otherwise) of the same version installed. Unless the installer's been updated since I've used it.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, basehaxx mangles data relating to contest photos as well as your Secret Base name and stuff. Playing the game normally with any online-relevant data mangled isn't something I'd personally recommend.

And keep in mind that basehaxx (unlike the far more sensible Pokémon Bank) defaults to download versions of games, and will ignore your cartridge if you have a CIA (legit or otherwise) of the same version installed. Unless the installer's been updated since I've used it.
Ok. Well, basehaxx was fun but we're moving on to OOT to get rid of that randomized crashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/