Basehaxx effect on my normal OR save?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Reaga, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Reaga
    OP

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I understand that once implemented, trying to change my team name will trigger the homebrew.

But how will this effect my ability to play the game regularly? Should I powersave-backup my current save first or should it be fine as long as I don't care about teams?

Extension: Will the hacked save be Powersave-capable?

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    yeah, backup your save with powersaves beforehand, and when you're finished with whatever you have to do with homebrew restore the save

3. Reaga
    OP

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Ok, I thought as much.

Does the hack prevent Powersaves on the modded version, or will I be fine to use PS to switch back and forth between them?

4. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    use powersaves to switch back and forth

5. Reaga
    OP

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Out of curiosity, however, what would be the risks/consequences of playing normally with the hacked version of my save?

6. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    IIRC, basehaxx mangles data relating to contest photos as well as your Secret Base name and stuff. Playing the game normally with any online-relevant data mangled isn't something I'd personally recommend.

And keep in mind that basehaxx (unlike the far more sensible Pokémon Bank) defaults to download versions of games, and will ignore your cartridge if you have a CIA (legit or otherwise) of the same version installed. Unless the installer's been updated since I've used it.

7. Reaga
    OP

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Ok. Well, basehaxx was fun but we're moving on to OOT to get rid of that randomized crashing.