Banwave & Homebrew Save Editing

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by The_Master, May 26, 2017.

1. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Hey all,

Sorry to post a crummy-noob thread like this, but the Anxiety(tm) is ramping up and I can't really find a straight answer:

I used Homebrew (soundhax) for a while, on a N3DSxl. Im on 11.4, but I never got doodlebomb to work so I stopped using homebrew after that.

I cloned some pokemon in pokemon moon and edited my animal crossing save. I dont seem to be banned. Am I at risk? Am I going to be banned?

Thanks all.

2. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    We don't know yet, but it sounds unlikely to me personally.

Exavold and The_Master like this.
  3. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    I hope you're right. I'm gonna be in deep shit with the parents if I get banned, haha.

4. TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    Just don't tell them if you got banned. Do you have CFW? If you don't it seems unlikely that you would get banned.

Pyra likes this.
  5. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Nah, I don't. Never tried either. I've been reading such mixed stuff about who the ban is targeting and who it isn't, so I wasn't sure if me not having used CFW ever really made me safe.

6. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Yea, I agree with this. If you just use soundhax to launch the homebrew launcher, it doesn't seem like they can exactly log that as use of homebrew, just the sound app. The save editing might trigger something though, guess we'll have to see.

7. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Can I avoid this at all??? Like if I clear my saves/dont play the games for a while will I be fine? Or do we not have enough info atm

8. TribstyAnn

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    I would erase any hacked saves, or a the very least never go online or have your wireless communication on while using them.

Pyra likes this.
  9. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    We don't have enough info.

10. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Hm. I used pokemon moon to see if I was banned, but Ill keep this in mind...Ill leave the console off until we can get more info.

11. TribstyAnn

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
  12. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Valhalla
    The only way to find out if you're banned is going online, my N3DS isn't banned and I've done everything on it from freeshop to pokemon genning.

My O3DS is banned tho and I haven't touched that for months until I went online to see if it got banned.

SonyNintendoGamer1 likes this.
  13. TribstyAnn

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    You can see if you got banned by having the wifi on and entering the friend list app.

14. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Valhalla
    Yup that's what I meant.

SonyNintendoGamer1 likes this.
  15. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    Afaik only some people with CFW were banned (I didn't) maybe because of using Homebrew like FBI, FreeShop or something else.

I think it's safe to use the Homebrew Launcher only. Just be careful in Pokémon. AC should be pretty safe because one of my friends edits bis AC Town every week.

16. Setsu-P

Setsu-P Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm on 11.4 as well and had Homebrew. Cleared it and its files off my sdcard anyway just in case, but the only thing I'd ever used it for was New Leaf. I remain unbanned for now. Hopefully it stays that way =p

17. Nuxx_exe

Nuxx_exe Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    United States
    Mission Hill
    I heard it also blocks access to Netflix and Hulu. So if you're one of....what 2 people?, like myself that runs lower firmware without CFW (Just Ironhax and Ninjhax) this might be the only way of telling if you're banned

18. The_Master
    OP

The_Master Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Still not banned. Turned off all the sharing functions but it seems Nintendo still gets info anyway. I dont think I'm being banned, thank god.

I only genned Pokemon to give to people on WT

This thread can probably be closed now. No reason to keep it up with the lengthy ones we already have. Thanks for your help!

19. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    There have been reports about stock fw getting banned but its a very short number since the ban wave is unstable and is targeting a majority with cfw.Some people are saying the reports about ofw users getting banned is a lie since there is no way to prove it,so currently there are mixed possibilities on this topic.I personally think it banned a few ofw users but the ban wave was mostly ment for cfw users,however since the banwave they sent out is unstable it could of also banned a few ofw 3ds's in the process by accident.

Last edited by Ominous66521, May 27, 2017