[Tutorial] Prevent ban from ban wave (has not been proven)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Giodude, May 25, 2017.

?

Were you banned AFTER doing these steps?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giodude
    OP

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    There have been many guesses as to where Nintendo is getting all of their information. Though i cannot be entirely sure myself, I've found that doing this will most likely hide everything you do from Nintendo, at least as much as you possibly can, so i'd recommend doing this if you want to protect your 3ds from the banwave.

Step 1: Go to the eShop > Settings/Other > Software Recommendations from Nintendo > Select "No" to opt out of sharing information about your Nintendo eShop page-viewing history, purchase history, and the titles that you have added to your wish list. > Click "OK".

Step 2: Go to Friend List > Settings > Friend Notification Settings > Show friends what you're playing? > Click "No" > select "OK"

Step 3: Go to System Settings > Internet Settings > SpotPass > Sending of System Information > click the "No" option.

I can't guarantee how much this will help, but hopefully it will atleast delay your console. Honetly, i see no reason why you shouldn't do this immediately.

Flaflo, hurrz and scionae like this.
  2. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    Changing all of this at once, especially now, would make you seem suspicious, wouldn't it?

Also, since the ban is serverside and they probably already have a list, I'd think that they just started banning users.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  3. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    I always wary of those "send information" thing, so I always opt to not sharing those.
    Except for showing friends what I'm playing :P
    But I'm still scared for getting banned so I'm not checking.

4. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Didn't Nintendo say so themselves that they have access to your activity logs? I don't think you can prevent that from being tracked.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I will check my goat system I left to get banned. I changed my mind on the goat system this morning after changing my mind previously
    Goat was banned with spotpass on. Main still not banned with spotpass turned off.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, May 25, 2017
    LucarioWolf likes this.
  6. Giodude
    OP

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    ok, looks like people are reporting this does nothing. Guess im reporting the thread now.

7. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Question: Is Nintendo's tracking & information gathering illegal?

Last edited by MelonGx, May 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.