Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
This goes mainly to Costello.
Today i came to check the site and this sign received me:
1.jpg

So i went to do the only thing i could and clicked that link which showed me this:
3.jpg

I just don't see the what GBATemp earns with this. Less spam? there are many ways to fight spam that don't include banning random IPs because some list say they are "bad".
99% of the users here have Dynamic IPs, why are you guys following this list of what? people that supposedly spammed on another site that has nothing to do with GBATemp 23 days ago? Because that is the criteria of this list.

This is ridiculous, baning IPs is WRONG and most likely you will get no protection from anything with this system, only annoy legit users.
I don't see why any Admin would ever think of using a system as flawed as this.
I hope you reconsider this tactics.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

PS: I'm not hiding the IP address of those pics it's just a number, that changes, it's neither good or bad or belongs to anybody there's no reason to hide it. Or ban it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, most people use dynamic IP's, but there's only so many IP's within a range and not everyone does use them. IP's are banned when a given user was really naughty and yes, they're not always effective, but they help. If your IP suddenly pops up as banned and you haven't done anything, try to contact with the staff through other means and the IP will be unbanned.

No it won't, see Costello's remark. He will not override a StopForumSpam block as that would almost certainly require writing quite a bit of additional code to implement some kind of override which could then be hacked by spammers.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you ever tried to enter the IRC of Gbatemp? there's a lot of people there usually, so i don't think you cannot find someone who can send a PM, or you can look at Google, try "gbatemp contact" look the option in caché, and you'll be sended here: http://gbatemp.net/dynamic/contact-us.49/ which provides you contact ways.

You only have to look a bit to get in contact with gbatemp administrators ^^

Wrong, you are not supposed to contact gbatemp administrators as they can't do anything. Either wait until your IP changes or try to get removed from the StopForumSpam list.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wrong, you are not supposed to contact gbatemp administrators as they can't do anything. Either wait until your IP changes or try to get removed from the StopForumSpam list.

I know, i'm just saying that if he really wants to get in contact, there's a lots of ways to do it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Whatever keep your system of banning random ips
Have you ever tried to enter the IRC of Gbatemp? there's a lot of people there usually, so i don't think you cannot find someone who can send a PM, or you can look at Google, try "gbatemp contact" look the option in caché, and you'll be sended here: http://gbatemp.net/dynamic/contact-us.49/ which provides you contact ways.

You only have to look a bit to get in contact with gbatemp administrators ^^
You don't get it, when you are banned you are banned from GBATEMP.NET all you will see is the first screenshots i posted, no chat, no contact page, nothing.
Only a message saying explicitly they do not wan to be contacted and they have no control over it.
This page is useless even if u see it on google cache http://gbatemp.net/dynamic/contact-us.49/ <- Both links "shaunj66" and "Costello" redirect to GBATEMP.NET which takes you again to the block screen.
Even if there was an email they can't help you. You are on your own.
The people on IRC can't do anything either, if the Admin itself can't imagine the rest of the users.

Dunno...I don't think the system is the way to go, you block spammers and you block anything else that happens to fall into a former spammer IP.
But again not my site if you are happy with this just ignore this post please.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This page is useless even if u see it on google cache http://gbatemp.net/dynamic/contact-us.49/ <- Both links "shaunj66" and "Costello" redirect to GBATEMP.NET which takes you again to the block screen.
Even if there was an email they can't help you.
If you wish to contact us via email, use our nickname followed by @ and the name of this domain.If you have any suggestion or bug to report, please use our suggestions & site discussion forum.
The GBAtemp Team.

I don't see it that hard to understand... I know they can't do anything to take you out the block, but you can contact them if you want.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only form of internet connection atm is through my phone. It is assigned a random ip address in the range of 173.209.212.XXX every few minutes. While trying the browse the forum i am constantly hit with the stopforumspam ip blocked.

I understand wanting to block spammers from posting, but why does it have to block them from even viewing?

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This goes mainly to Costello.
Today i came to check the site and this sign received me:
View attachment 9847
So i went to do the only thing i could and clicked that link which showed me this:
View attachment 9848
I just don't see the what GBATemp earns with this. Less spam? there are many ways to fight spam that don't include banning random IPs because some list say they are "bad".
99% of the users here have Dynamic IPs, why are you guys following this list of what? people that supposedly spammed on another site that has nothing to do with GBATemp 23 days ago? Because that is the criteria of this list.

This is ridiculous, baning IPs is WRONG and most likely you will get no protection from anything with this system, only annoy legit users.
I don't see why any Admin would ever think of using a system as flawed as this.
I hope you reconsider this tactics.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

PS: I'm not hiding the IP address of those pics it's just a number, that changes, it's neither good or bad or belongs to anybody there's no reason to hide it. Or ban it.

I definitely agree with you my friend but just thought I'd say this be careful with those staff/supervisors they're bullys they bullied me cause I defended my friend who was recently banned which is why I don't trust any of the staff/supervisors here

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I definitely agree with you my friend but just thought I'd say this be careful with those staff/supervisors they're bullys they bullied me cause I defended my friend who was recently banned which is why I don't trust any of the staff/supervisors here

Excuse me but how did we bully you? If the staff here are so terrible you are free to leave anytime, nobody is forcing you to be here. Also your "friend" deserved a ban and he knows it.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me but how did we bully you? If the staff here are so terrible you are free to leave anytime, nobody is forcing you to be here. Also your "friend" deserved a ban and he knows it.

You invited the entire staff to a private conversation which was suppose to be between everyone I inveted not only that they invaded my privacy in which they had no right they made fun of me for defendeing my friend

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
You invited the entire staff to a private conversation which was suppose to be between everyone I inveted not only that they invaded my privacy in which they had no right they made fun of me for defendeing my friend

1: I didn't invite anyone into any conversation.
2: There was nothing confidential in that conversation.
3: Your privacy was never invaded you obviously have no concept of what an invasion of privacy is.
4: The staff weren't making fun of or attacking you in any way, grow a pair and quit crying.
5: Your "friend" who shared the same IP as you ahem.

I could go on but yeah.

Reactions: Deleted User

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: I didn't invite anyone into any conversation.
2: There was nothing confidential in that conversation.
3: Your privacy was never invaded you obviously have no concept of what an invasion of privacy is.
4: The staff weren't making fun of or attacking you in any way, grow a pair and quit crying.
5: Your "friend" who shared the same IP as you ahem.

I could go on but yeah.

I'm not going to argue any more but I will ask this how do you even know our IPS are the same unless you checked

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not going to argue any more but I will ask this how do you even know our IPS are the same unless you checked

Because Den did check that when you PMed him, that's what we do. And please don't claim that is an invasion of privacy because its not. All it takes is the pressing of one button under your signature for us to see that information.

Reactions: Deleted User

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of forums let mods just see the IPs every post was made from, I don't know why this one would be different.

posts.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google