Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiiman123 said:
Does anyone have the new IP for qoid.us? You can update your host file manually in Windows

update in Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
its working for me, if u tell me how to get the new IP for qoid.us I can give it to u (sorry for having to ask for instructions, its a little out of my area of expertise)

edit: somehow I think this was a dumb post on my part... I'm confused, lol

@techboy, congrats on your 1000th post!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
"ping qoid.us" didn't work (could not find host), but here's the output of "ping bannerbomb.qoid.us"

Code:
Pinging bannerbomb.qoid.us [157.22.252.87] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 157.22.252.87: bytes=32 time=86ms TTL=40
Reply from 157.22.252.87: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=40
Reply from 157.22.252.87: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=40
Reply from 157.22.252.87: bytes=32 time=128ms TTL=40

Ping statistics for 157.22.252.87:
ÂÂÂÂPackets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
ÂÂÂÂMinimum = 74ms, Maximum = 128ms, Average = 90ms

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no prob! Btw, I am just one man, so u can call me XFlak instead of XFlaks
biggrin.gif

would u mind explaining how to update the windows host file? Even though its working for me, I'm curious to know how its done (not to mention it may help others)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
biggrin.gif

would u mind explaining how to update the windows host file? Even though its working for me, I'm curious to know how its done (not to mention it may help others)
c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/
There should be a file named Hosts (no extension) which you can edit in Notepad

path for mac OS X: /private/etc/hosts

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
XFlak said:
biggrin.gif

Lies! You are a stormtrooper, there for a clone! ^^
The address works now for me too.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those that it isn't working for: Try opening a command prompt and typing "ipconfig /flushdns" (this is for windows).t hat may work and if so, would be easier than editing hosts file.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
SifJar said:
For those that it isn't working for: Try opening a command prompt and typing "ipconfig /flushdns" (this is for windows).t hat may work and if so, would be easier than editing hosts file.

Oh yes, if your routers also have DNS cache and possible to flush it. Do that too guys
smile.gif

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you need to find out the new IP, you don't have to depend on someone to tell you. You can always use a free "looking glass" online service with an updated DNS, to check the ping or trace route. Then update the "hosts" file while your ISP DNS isn't up to date for the next couple of hours/days. You can do this update alternativily in your router if you router support setting up your DNS.

Secondly you can change your DNS from your ISP DNS to
OpenDNS
or
Google Public DNS.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
All the LEGAL wii modding guides (including NUS Auto Downloader) get bannerbomb directly from the original site, so for me, it was mainly a concern because NUSAD couldn't do its job properly while the site was down (what kind of a person would I be if I didn't investigate potential problems with my own program!).

I already have the files, but legally sharing them is not possible (afaik).

Anyways, the site is back up now anyways, so this is a moot point.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
All the LEGAL wii modding guides (including NUS Auto Downloader) get bannerbomb directly from the original site, so for me, it was mainly a concern because NUSAD couldn't do its job properly while the site was down (what kind of a person would I be if I didn't investigate potential problems with my own program!).

I already have the files, but legally sharing them is not possible (afaik).

Anyways, the site is back up now anyways, so this is a moot point.

Hotlinking the files (i.e. downloading them directly without pointing users to site to download themselves) is as much a violation of terms as redistributing them. And I don't really think its a legality issue, its just that Comex (i.e. creator of bannerbomb) says at the bottom of the bannerbomb site "Please don't redistribute or hotlink these files" or words to that effect. You are still going against his wished by downloading directly.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
TRushInfo said:
"dont hotlink unless you're xflak, cuz hes such a nice fella" you left that part out
lol, +1

but seriously, I spoke with bushing and got his permission to link to the hackmii installer (as long as I include a disclaimer saying 'if u paid u were scammed...'), and since he and comex are both a part of team twiizer's I don't think comex will mind if I do the same for bannerbomb... but now that u mention it, I should contact him just to make sure he's okay with nusad downloading bannerbomb

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
TRushInfo said:
"dont hotlink unless you're xflak, cuz hes such a nice fella" you left that part out
lol, +1

but seriously, I spoke with bushing and got his permission to link to the hackmii installer (as long as I include a disclaimer saying 'if u paid u were scammed...'), and since he and comex are both a part of team twiizer's I don't think comex will mind if I do the same for bannerbomb... but now that u mention it, I should contact him just to make sure he's okay with nusad downloading bannerbomb

I didn't think comex was actually part of team twiizers. But anywy, yeah I'd advise contacting him, for politeness if nothing else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1