ramonimbao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
SaveMiiFrii my butt eh?

hmm....try to get a hold of a first party controller from someone. I have to wonder if the 3rd party one limits how many buttons can be pressed at one shot.

I'll try. It's kinda hard to find one since, over here, if there's a new console, the old one's pretty much dead. o_o (srsly)
Except for the PS2... o_o

QUOTE(batwings21 @ Apr 14 2009, 09:39 PM) That should hopefully work, unless system menu 4.0 removed the savemefrii function too. The premade recovery iso's with cioscorps should boot, just like a modchip would. If no savemefrii, maybe a real savemii will work.

I might not be able to order a SaveMii. Do they ship internationally?
And like Troy said, I should try getting a 1st Party controller first. Maybe it would work.

ramonimbao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I do. But I don't think they'll like me disassembling their controller.
tongue.gif

Or...
I could buy it from them. Hmm...

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
No modchip, no starfall+preloader, no cioscorp -> take a modchip/send to nintendo.

No modchip, no starfall+preloader, cioscorp -> small chance it will boot an autoboot disk.

Yet again, good lessons for newbies this is.
tongue.gif

Try using a different controller yes, OR a dance dance revolution plate (or how'd you call it.
tongue.gif
)

ramonimbao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
No modchip, no starfall+preloader, no cioscorp -> take a modchip/send to nintendo.

No modchip, no starfall+preloader, cioscorp -> small chance it will boot an autoboot disk.

Yet again, good lessons for newbies this is.
tongue.gif

Try using a different controller yes, OR a dance dance revolution plate (or how'd you call it.
tongue.gif
)
How small of a chance?
And using a dance pad would actually work?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cioscorp will not boot a autoboot homebrew disc on 4.0 without startpatch or preloader, just a heads up. but my question is, how was you able to be booting backups on 4.0 through the disc channel without either of them?? unless you was using brick blocker on every backup, you sure you dont have preloader installed?

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you mod your wii to start with? What package/guide (softmii,riskimod) did you follow? Are you sure preloader is not there?

ramonimbao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
cioscorp will not boot a autoboot homebrew disc on 4.0 without startpatch or preloader, just a heads up. but my question is, how was you able to be booting backups on 4.0 through the disc channel without either of them?? unless you was using brick blocker on every backup, you sure you dont have preloader installed?
Yes. I'm sure. If you hold reset while starting the Wii up, and nothing happens, it means Preloader isn't there, right?

QUOTE(batwings21 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:08 AM) How did you mod your wii to start with? What package/guide (softmii,riskimod) did you follow? Are you sure preloader is not there?
I actually just asked a friend to mod it for me. Then he gave it back. Then ta-da everything's there. I just updated it myself to 4.0 using the upgrade guide on Smash Boards.

Yes. I'm sure.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're out of luck on 4.0. Zelda won't autoboot without the starfall or preloader hack and even then, you don't have the TP Hack because you're on 4.0, so booting Zelda won't help you anyway.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might be a little off topic, but what is a "banner"? I understand when and why the banner brick happens from bad wad files, but why the name "banner"? what does this mean?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
micric100 said:
This might be a little off topic, but what is a "banner"? I understand when and why the banner brick happens from bad wad files, but why the name "banner"? what does this mean?

I think it's called "banner brick" because the system menu always crashes when it tries to display the banner of the corrupted channel.

ramonimbao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suddenly thought about this...

What if I actually have Starfall installed...
But I don't have the Hold-Y-on-boot patch thing installed? o_o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: imagine not having hands, cringe +1