Hacking Discussion Banned Users: eShop is Still Usable on a Banned Switch (Somehow)

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Against all odds, it seems to still be possible to use the eShop even if you've got a 2124-4007 error on your Switch. Not directly, of course; once you get knocked it's game over as far as using the applet itself goes. However, there are ways to fill in the usability gaps left by a system ban.

Confirmed working:

Downloading demos and applicationsRedownloading previously-owned titlesDownloading System/Application Updates

1. 1. Go to your Nintendo Account region's eShop site (e.g. UK/Ireland eShop: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Games/Games-1178441.html)https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Games/Games-1178441.html
    2. Go to the game's page and select Free Download/Download Demo
    2. Go to your Account Page on your Switch (top left icon)
    3. Go to User Settings -> Update Download Progress
    4. Return to the Home screen and wait for the download to finish

2. 1. Use a tool like eXhop with the Title ID of the application you want to redownload
    2. Return to the Home screen and wait for the download to finish

3. 1. Just do it like you would on a normal system, this was already known to work on banned systems anyway.
    2. This doesn't even count as an eShop action, but I'm including it for completion's sake.
    3. The so-called Blobfish's unsightly appearance outside its natural deep-sea habitat is caused by the massive difference in our atmosphere's pressure and its habitat's enormous pressure. This causes its body to expand massively when brought to the surface.
    4. Go read one of the other instructions, there's nothing else to learn here.

WARNING: Whilst some people have reported success in redownloading past purchases and purchasing new titles, this is obviously an incredibly risky thing to do.

Something I haven't tested, nor heard of anybody having tested, is attempting a download of a free title, demo or otherwise, without any Nintendo Accounts linked to the system. This seems extremely unlikely, but it's something to think about.
If anybody attempts this, feel free to drop me a PM/Mention and state your results.

Actions known to cause ban flagging:
  • Errors caused by Homebrew (Libnx/Libtransistor/Mucking with LayeredFS) in your Error Log (Yes, even if you have Error Reporting disabled; this is the one that's caught the most people unaware thus far)
  • Changing your profile icon with DevMenu (What were you expecting?)
  • Attempting to download titles you don't own through eXhop/BogInstaller/etc.
  • Potentially: Attempting to go online with an invalid Certificate (XCI)/Ticket (LayeredFS/NSPs in the future)
  • You never know when Nintendo might start checking for other things in the future! Sky's the limit!

ADDENDUM: Unfortunately, there's no way to link a Nintendo Account with an account created on a banned system, and I'm not aware of any workarounds for the linking process. Try to keep a NAND backup if you can and avoid System Formats, I guess.
Needless to say, your system is your own responsibility. I make no guarantee that these methods will continue to work in the foreseeable future, but they do work as of this thread's creation. Also, don't try to get yourself banned on purpose like I did, that's just dumb.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz, , Reason: Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm re-downloading Mario just fine from home screen despite being eshop banned. I also made the video showing eshop site works to download game demos and would probably work with paid content.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a few demonstrative screenshots, in case someone thinks I might be full of it:

Ban message in the Friends ListDownloaded titles in the Home MenuDownloaded titles in the ec.nintendo.com Transaction HistoryPlay log

1. upload_2018-6-22_17-23-11.png

2. upload_2018-6-22_17-23-5.png

3. upload_2018-6-22_17-22-35.png

4. upload_2018-6-22_17-22-48.png

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pffff, thanks to Nintendo for letting banned people still access the eShop xD

I mean I'm using LayeredFS and so far I'm still good since I've been offline, but even if I do end up getting banned I'll still have a Switch to enjoy :3

Reactions: MochaMilk

jose1209

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
you can add moving user to other console with sx os loaded.
i wonder if it's the console or just the user taht is banned ...

Hyokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my console got banned too (i dont care, i play online on pc or ps4). i bought a 0,99€ game to test the download. works.

edit2: conclusion if i wanna play a dlc and there is no option in the future to get them via cfw = buying the dlc :o

Last edited by Hyokai,
Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Hyokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
redownload via eXhop works too. Tested Game Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment thats it for informations :o

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Just so everyone knows, you can download and use games you have paid for on a banned Switch by installing the game through eXhop and purchasing it on the Nintendo website. You can also send the game from your PC to your Switch from the Nintendo website. I tested this with Rocket League on my banned Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)