Gaming Banned PS4

chocoboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

Today, I bought a second hand banned PS4, for 100 euros ( 1 PS4 FAT 1TB 7.00 + 1 PS4 gamepad + HDMI ... )

Being banned is not really a problem since I didn't want to play online with it.

But ... Can I play offline with it or some game will not be playable ?

Thank you for you answer.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Today, I bought a second hand banned PS4, for 100 euros ( 1 PS4 FAT 1TB 7.00 + 1 PS4 gamepad + HDMI ... )

Being banned is not really a problem since I didn't want to play online with it.

But ... Can I play offline with it or some game will not be playable ?

Thank you for you answer.

Some games are online only then you will not be able to play with it. You will be fine with a lot of games that are not requirement online at all. I never liked the online so you will be fine with many many games that are not for online only. ENJOY!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to do system updates, not sure about game updates.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also no digital downloads.

chocoboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Online update seems to work, because the PS4 was 6.72 when I plug it at home it ask me for 7.0 then download it ( error WS-37338-4 if I try to put my PSN account )

I have launched the playroom and it updated to 1.07 seems that game update can be downloaded.

I have also sens a message on tweeter to asplaystation to know if they can unban me xD

Last edited by chocoboss,

luckyblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Online update seems to work, because the PS4 was 6.72 when I plug it at home it ask me for 7.0 then download it ( error WS-37338-4 if I try to put my PSN account )

I have launched the playroom and it updated to 1.07 seems that game update can be downloaded.

I have also sens a message on tweeter to asplaystation to know if they can unban me xD
maybe we can do something when we can get the idps from ps4 and change it.

luckyblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
we ran some tests on the ps3 in the dev section of place. afaik, it worked, but it opened the wrong store.
I don't have ps3 to try, I'm waiting for ps4, I don't know how to open the wrong store when idps is just a change of code that the console is no longer banned?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the idps contains a lot of information but not all of it is known. one of the bytes, the 8th byte of the ps3 idps, contains minverchk. we tested it on place and found the minverchk changed when the idps was changed from different sku models. we narrowed it down to that byte.

luckyblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the idps contains a lot of information but not all of it is known. one of the bytes, the 8th byte of the ps3 idps, contains minverchk. we tested it on place and found the minverchk changed when the idps was changed from different sku models. we narrowed it down to that byte.
I didn't know that thanks for the information, my ps4 was banned for cashback I didn't know that when I bought it and now it's standing there and I'm waiting for the idps to be able to change, so I can play with it later :-D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd probably want the idps from another ps4. I don't know the ramifications of using another system's. since the wrong store opened, I'm assuming games may not be playable online. you're right. there's currently no way to change it on the ps4. I think if you did, the moment you restarted = brick, since it's not a coldboot hack. afaik, there's no way to change it on the ps3 either if using hen. I think you can spoof it. plus, I remember habib telling me that it would be very complicated to do it to where sony wouldn't notice. sony can easily see spoofed or changed idps on the ps3, since it's in two locations and only one is spoofed iirc.

luckyblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
you'd probably want the idps from another ps4. I don't know the ramifications of using another system's. since the wrong store opened, I'm assuming games may not be playable online. you're right. there's currently no way to change it on the ps4. I think if you did, the moment you restarted = brick, since it's not a coldboot hack. afaik, there's no way to change it on the ps3 either if using hen. I think you can spoof it. plus, I remember habib telling me that it would be very complicated to do it to where sony wouldn't notice. sony can easily see spoofed or changed idps on the ps3, since it's in two locations and only one is spoofed iirc.
to take idps from another dead ps4 console and it should work great, and as far as I read and understood once when the idps is changed it remains even after you do the system update now I'm not sure if that's true, but when could I change the idps and everything works fine, it wouldn't be a problem for me to buy the original game and play online, but this seller didn't tell me that it was banned

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are correct. the idps will remain even with an update. spoofing may be the only thing we can hope for with the ps4. it may be too risk to change it. you can change on the ps3 with idpset. it can permanently change idps or psid. the idps is your online signature that identifies your ps3; psid is offline stuff like saves. together they make the console id.

luckyblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
you are correct. the idps will remain even with an update. spoofing may be the only thing we can hope for with the ps4. it may be too risk to change it. you can change on the ps3 with idpset. it can permanently change idps or psid. the idps is your online signature that identifies your ps3; psid is offline stuff like saves. together they make the console id.
can i put idps from dead ps3 in ps4? Sony is not correct, I called them to see what the problem is and when I said that the refund is, I said nicely that it is not a problem I will pay as much as I need but they asked me for a user and a password and I do not answer, so I wanted to pay and again I can't :-(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no way to change ps4 idps currently. afaik, there's no way even to read it. it's gotta be buried in the core os probably. unfortunately, sony's website says they won't unban a system even if it's sold to someone else. there's a banning faq somewhere, and I remember that.

luckyblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
there's no way to change ps4 idps currently. afaik, there's no way even to read it. it's gotta be buried in the core os probably. unfortunately, sony's website says they won't unban a system even if it's sold to someone else. there's a banning faq somewhere, and I remember that.
yes that's right, the owner has to call and pay no one else and that's stupid money is important and not who pays, I hope that soon will be a spoofing for ps4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs