Banned from Wiimmfi for Nothing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by HackingNewbie, Aug 30, 2018.

1. HackingNewbie
    OP

HackingNewbie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    My friend code is 0349-5990-2467 and I was banned at UTC 16:52 on the 29th August 2018 for apparently using time cheats. But I wasn't playing at the time? I was searching for players on region 2500, a region reserved for Skipper's 200 km/h CT distribution, which I was using with Riivolution at the time? And I never found a game, I just left it searching for a few hours: but I never found a game, so I couldn't have been hacking. The only Wiimmfi game I had been in was a CTWW on CTGP v1.03 the MORNING BEFORE the incident. What did I do wrong??? @Wiimm @leseratte. Below is an image showing that the last game on region 2500 happened a while ago. Before I was banned. And I was on region 2500 at the time of my ban, proving that I was not playing and therefore couldn't be hacking at the time of my ban.

Last edited by HackingNewbie, Aug 30, 2018
  2. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
  3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    ???

4. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    Idk why I've been banned

5. leseratte

leseratte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2012
    Germany

Attached Files:

6. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    The distribution has mission mode and according to Skipper times from mission mode will upload to any leaderboards it finds
    That mission was one that you win if you don't get a startup boost so that's why I got that time
    I'm very sorry for this
    I had no idea this happened

7. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Germany
    Ban has been revoked, time will be removed from the ranking later today.

How does that happen? Does this distribution always upload mission mode results as competition ranking? Then I wonder why you are the only one getting banned ...
    Anyways, I've contacted Skipper about that, maybe he can explain and/or fix this for the future.

8. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    Thanks so much :) I'm not sure if it'll happen again though. It might upload it again. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to delete this mission data

9. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Germany
    As your record has already been posted by the game, it shouldn't happen again, unless you play a mission again and get a better time. I hope the creator soon fixes this with an update. Mission Mode is not supposed to post to the competition ranking system.

10. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    All my times are for other missions and are worse. Do you know if they'll upload or not?

11. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Germany
    I don't know. This is the first time I see Mission Mode rankings appear on the competition leaderboards, and I've never looked into how the mission mode ranking system works exactly.

12. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    Is there a way to undo the wiimmfi competition patcher?

13. leseratte

Jun 2, 2012
    Germany
    Start the game from the disc channel, go into the settings, select "Message service" and then "unsubscribe from all channel messages", that should undo the patch (and cause you to no longer receive new competitions). However, that doesn't stop weird CT distributions like the 200km/h pack from uploading to the competition rankings.

14. HackingNewbie
    OP

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere in 2008
    K thanks