Banned for using Custom theme with Badge Arcade gallery?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by GlydeFisher, Sep 3, 2016.

1. GlydeFisher
    OP

GlydeFisher Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    United States
    um .. one thing i always wanted to know.. ... im pretty sure everyone knows about the theme screenshot gallery at the nintendo badge arcade... what would happen if i took a screenshot of one of my custom themes and uploaded it to the gallery? would i get banned from the network?

Last edited by GlydeFisher, Sep 4, 2016
    CatmanFan likes this.
  2. CatmanFan

CatmanFan I guess I'm exaggerating.

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Probably. In the case of custom VC injects on my Wii U I never open up Miiverse while playing, and I don't have a NNID linked with my New 3DS XL right now.

3. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Yes, its a no brainer..... , Nintendo would ban anyone who is showing off a custom theme on gallery due to the fact you need a exploited 3DS for custom themes

4. GlydeFisher
    OP

GlydeFisher Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    United States
    ok thanks for the info.. im glad i asked .. cuz i was going to.. i do know that i cant get banned for themes that i backed up for the smm2 that was already paid for

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    To be fair I have posted 30 blatantly hacked (moonjump) Xenoblade screenshots and haven't ever been moderated for those: it's obviously up to whether someone reports you and if the mods notice (would they know all 300+ released themes? this isn't a full screen picture of Shrek "accidentally" appearing in a Mario game forum)

6. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    Well probably they just didn"t choose any screnshots that use Custom Themes anyways, but if will be better to don"t upload any Custom Theme screenshot to Miiverse.

7. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    While I've only uploaded one screenshot of a HOME menu with a custom theme, I haven't been banned. You might be banned if you upload an assload of those screenshots, though.

Februarysn0w and NekoMichi like this.
  8. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Are we talking about a metric assload, or an imperial assload?
    In all seriousness, it doesn't look like they have an automatic method of detecting custom theme screenshots. So long as what you upload doesn't stand out too much in its context, and no-one reports your posts then chances are it won't be moderated.

Tomato Hentai and ih8ih8sn0w like this.
  9. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Shrek? You sir gave me a idea! :)