Gaming Banned for using Custom theme with Badge Arcade gallery?

GlydeFisher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um .. one thing i always wanted to know.. ... im pretty sure everyone knows about the theme screenshot gallery at the nintendo badge arcade... what would happen if i took a screenshot of one of my custom themes and uploaded it to the gallery? would i get banned from the network?

Last edited by GlydeFisher,
Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
um .. one thing i always wanted to know.. ... im pretty sure everyone knows about the theme screenshot gallery at the nintendo badge arcade... what would happen if i took a screenshot of one of my custom themes and uploaded it to the gallery? would i get banned from the network?
Probably. In the case of custom VC injects on my Wii U I never open up Miiverse while playing, and I don't have a NNID linked with my New 3DS XL right now.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, its a no brainer..... , Nintendo would ban anyone who is showing off a custom theme on gallery due to the fact you need a exploited 3DS for custom themes

GlydeFisher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its a no brainer..... , Nintendo would ban anyone who is showing off a custom theme on gallery due to the fact you need a exploited 3DS for custom themes
ok thanks for the info.. im glad i asked .. cuz i was going to.. i do know that i cant get banned for themes that i backed up for the smm2 that was already paid for

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To be fair I have posted 30 blatantly hacked (moonjump) Xenoblade screenshots and haven't ever been moderated for those: it's obviously up to whether someone reports you and if the mods notice (would they know all 300+ released themes? this isn't a full screen picture of Shrek "accidentally" appearing in a Mario game forum)

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well probably they just didn"t choose any screnshots that use Custom Themes anyways, but if will be better to don"t upload any Custom Theme screenshot to Miiverse.

D

Deleted User

While I've only uploaded one screenshot of a HOME menu with a custom theme, I haven't been banned. You might be banned if you upload an assload of those screenshots, though.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
While I've only uploaded one screenshot of a HOME menu with a custom theme, I haven't been banned. You might be banned if you upload an assload of those screenshots, though.
Are we talking about a metric assload, or an imperial assload?
In all seriousness, it doesn't look like they have an automatic method of detecting custom theme screenshots. So long as what you upload doesn't stand out too much in its context, and no-one reports your posts then chances are it won't be moderated.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I have posted 30 blatantly hacked (moonjump) Xenoblade screenshots and haven't ever been moderated for those: it's obviously up to whether someone reports you and if the mods notice (would they know all 300+ released themes? this isn't a full screen picture of Shrek "accidentally" appearing in a Mario game forum)

Shrek? You sir gave me a idea! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey