Bad Company 2 Multilayer Reactions

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by juggernaut911, Mar 3, 2010.

Mar 3, 2010
  1. juggernaut911
    OP

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    The online is pretty broken, IMO.

No real explanation on ANYTHING.
    Lag on "dedicated" servers ruins games.
    Game get boring when there are like 6 ppl.
    When running, must steer with mouse.
    Weapon selection with the mouse is pretty weird... can't ever really get a select the gun you want.

A little tip: hit Q when you see a bad guy and you can see them for like 2 seconds...

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    You must've bought the game already...?

Gives me thoughts since I am not really sure whether or not I want this game. I tried the online demo for 360 and I had a lot of fun with like 16 people playing [​IMG]

3. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    What...? When I played the beta it ran great, no lag (well, sometimes it lagged but that was my 4830 [​IMG] ).

Maybe it's since you played before people can buy the game. [​IMG]

During the beta I'd log into a hardcore server, 40ms ping and around 30-31 people in there. [​IMG] Doesn't get any better.

4. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    Guys, use the goddamn Q button. It will mark the enemy you look at for your WHOLE TEAM and you get points if a teammate kills him.

5. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    It's legit through steam. I beat the campaign on a pirated version, I'm legit online

6. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Same here, but maybe it's because I live near Dallas. Even with my slow internet, I can get 16 ping if I play on a Dallas server, and there are plenty of those with more than 20 people on them. Loads of fun when playing on the beta.

Also, here's a pretty good guide:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Though it doesn't say that Q was the spot/socialize button since it's for the consoles. I never used it though since I didn't know what it did.

I also had some trouble with selecting weapons, since the wheel seems to go the "opposite" way for selecting weapons. Your primaries should be at one end while the secondaries should be at the other, but it seems to be flipped if you can understand what I mean. The key binding doesn't let you make it go the other way. I'm terrible at switching weapons using the number keys as well. I actually want more but I can't buy it right now!

Running was a minor problem for me coming from Modern Warfare, but... Nothing too big for me to complain about. I got used to it. And the game does need some kind of explanation on some stuff since they don't know what the rush game mode is and people just play like it's deathmatch or something.

7. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    I was playing some more. Couldn't join a server from time-outs or I'd get kicked before I was even in the game. The server browser is so frustrating. Click history, 3 minute refresh. Look at all servers... just go outside, this takes sooo effing long. Ridiculous how shitty this game is and how much I paid. I want a fucking refund. This is bullshit. I love you MW1.

8. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I found the server browser to be really slow as well. I guess it's nice to know I wasn't the only one with that problem. I'm guessing they want you to use the "Play Now" option, which would defeat the whole purpose of the server browser. Does it still not let you sort by ping/players/anything? I noticed it had filters, but it wouldn't let me sort by anything when I was playing the beta.

9. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    They'll most likely address the problem soon.

10. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    Here are some BF:Bad Company 2 Tips, Tricks.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    from watching that video I want it NOA!!!! omg that looks like so much fun XD

12. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    How's the game multiplayer?
    Can anyone compare it to CoD 4, CoD 2 and maybe TF 2?

13. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    Haven't tried in a while but it certainly doesn't compare when it's under bugs.
    MW2 is terrible to, just don't mention it!

Browser was still broken for me, couldn't join anything that wasn't full (reported as not full, tried, full, refresh list, still says not full). Also, my friends list got wiped.

14. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    - Even with no explanations, you get the hang of playing fairly quickly. Game mode descriptions in the "Play Now" section, and tutorials are in the first mission of single player much like MW2.
    - Obviously, this particular game is meant to be played with at LEAST 8 vs 8.
    - They disable sprinting in diagonal directions to be more realistic. You don't see real life people sprinting diagonally while facing straight forward.
    - What do you mean? It's point and click. Presto, you have your gun. o.o

Playtime for me has become a couple days worth now. Couple crashes here and there, but my experience is good. Only seen maybe 1 or 2 hackers in 200+ matches.

And for the Server Browser issue, just click "Search" and click "Cancel" right away. You'll get the servers.

15. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    So there are some bugs in the game? Any word on patches?

Can you maybe compare it to CoD 2/4? I especially want to know if you can play this game even after playing it everyday after a month.

16. Raiser

Canada
    Yeah, almost if not all Battlefield games have a fair amount of bugs in them, but nothing really that game-breaking.
    DICE devs have already realized a lot of these bugs and have begun working on them for future patches. (:

I never played CoD 2, but a little 4, mostly 6. I would imagine 6 is somewhat similar to 4?
    I had a really fun time with 6, but you don't really need skill to be good in it; just quick reaction times. :/

This game on the other hand requires strategy, teamwork, and actual skill. You can't just run around expecting to kill every enemy you see nor can you camp somewhere and expect to play well (score, win/lose wise).

17. juggernaut911
    OP

United States
    I meant like not needing a mouse to steer it, not sprint diagonally and stuff.
    I mean while in battle.

18. Raiser

Canada
    Turning while running with anything other than your mouse (ie A and D) would be.. incredibly odd. Unless I'm still misinterpreting your statement. Dx

And you can switch weapons quickly and easily with the number keys (usually 1-5). Then there's the slower, select method using the mouse's scroll wheel.