Hacking Bad batch

Raccun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to get Akaio running on my new acekard2i (got it today. It's also my first acekard) but while the normal firmware (__ak2) was working, __aio was not (at least not proper). It booted and I could choose romes some weren't working (big questionmark on the rom icon). The the Topscreen displayed nothing but a dark blua color. In the noob Guide I found:

QUOTE said:
If you have a recently purchased AK2.1 from the 'bad batch' (will have a Spansion memory chip) use the official 4.22 software instead until AKAIO 1.6RC3 is released. 4.22 can be downloaded Here

and I am wondering if I have a card from the bad batch. Is there a way to be sure of it?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Akaio 1.6 isn't working you most likely have one of the bad batch. If the new Akaio thats probably coming out in the next few days fixes the problem then yes you got one of the bad batch. Still these cards will be supported from now on so you'll never know the difference.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try both official 4.21 and 4.22, if 4.21 has saving issues and 4.22 doesn't your cart is from the bad batch. You can also open the cart up and check the memory chip. If it has a Spansion chip it's likely to be from the bad batch, if it has a SST chip it will be ok.

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
since when AK2i are from a bad batch? AK2.1 had have a bad batch
rolleyes.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A question mark on the Game rom means it is a corrupt. This means it's either the ROMS you've downloaded are corrupt, your MicroSD card is bad, or you have a bad MicroSD card reader.

Try redownloading the ROMS from another source, try another memory card and try another card reader.

Raccun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried another card reader and loaded akaio anew on the sd card. Now it works. I was just confused because the normal fw worked and akaio didn't. Thanks for the feedback.

Topic can be closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom