Hacking Backups not Running Well After Downgrade

msab13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's My situation. Brand new Wii running 3.3U, installed HBC and backup launcher .3g All backups were running fine. Found this forum and looked like I needed to downgrade to 3.2. Followed one of the guides and downgraded to 3.2u and added starfall etc..Everything seemed to be okay until I went to launch a backup from backup launcher .3g the disk's would load and sometimes I would get to the first screen telling me which controller to use but then I got the message "the game disc could not be loaded. Please refer to Wii operations manual for more info" In a panic I reformatted and tried to start over, reinstalled HBC than UPgraded back to 3.3u through iosdowngrader. Reinstalled backup launcher .3g, now It is hit or miss with the backup disks, some will load, others give me the 'disc could not be read..' notice and when I remove the disc it says 'please reinsert the super mario galaxy disc, or whatever one I am trying, so the machine knows what disc it is, it just won't read it. Sometimes it will accept it on the second try and eventually run. All disc's are 1:1 copies using imgburn at 2x with dvd-r.

At this point of the confusion I really don't know which cIOs I have installed or uninstalled and wish I could start from scratch or find a solution.

When all was working fine I had version 8 beta of HBC, currently upgraded to 1.01 if that makes any difference.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reburn at higher speeds and check the quality with dvdinfopro. The speed that gives the highest quality burn will have the fewest problems, for me that 16x I don't have any issues with any games.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can see your installed IOS in the right bottom of the backup launcher menu.
I'm using backup launcher 0.3g too, with IOS 249 installed.
Do you play backups of your own region (like: PAL wii -> PAL game)?

msab13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My system is NTSC and all but one of the games are NTSC, one of them is PAL and I run it through backup launcher using force NTSC.

I will try the different speeds, just wondering why it no longer works when it used to work fine??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple