backuploader help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by bboynotbgirl, Jun 29, 2009.

Jun 29, 2009

backuploader help by bboynotbgirl at 6:31 AM (632 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. bboynotbgirl
    OP

Newcomer bboynotbgirl Member

United States
    so i hacked my friends wii and it was successful. i gave her 3 different loaders (as channels) to use in case one failed. it was working for about a week when none of the loaders worked. i copied my exact files from my sd onto hers so she has everything i have yet mine has been working for a year at least. i sent her geckoos107b but that didnt work either. help please?

2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    So the loaders worked for a week, and then suddenly stopped working? Do they code dump, or what happens when they are loaded? It sounds like she messed with something she shouldn't have. I personally recommend using forwarders instead of channels, that way you/she can easily update the loaders easily. Perhaps try deleting the config files off the sd card, and have her start the loaders fresh on her setup.

3. bboynotbgirl
    OP

United States
    im still kind of a noob at this but i know enough to get myself around. but what exactly are forwarders? and no they dont code dump either. one gives a black screen and the other gives the 002 error which i have fixed twice already. she says that nothing has been deleted or installed from the sd or on the wii. what i dont understand is how it just stops working.

4. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    A forwarder is like a channel, but it simply provides a shortcut to a boot.dol stored on the sd card. For example, instead of having a channel for USB Loader GX, you can use a forwarder that looks for sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol. To update the loader, you only have to replace the boot.dol on the sd card, instead of installing a new channel every time.

You really aren't giving us enough info. Exactly what loaders are you trying to use (USB, DVD-R)? Obviously something is different from her Wii and yours. It might help to tell us what games are giving you the 002 error, since not every game should give this message.

5. bboynotbgirl
    OP

United States
    ohhh ok yea ive used a forwarder then. i just didnt know they were called forwarders lol. but those dont have any success either. the first loader was gecko and she said it only showed a border and a gecko in the corner. the other was wiigator which gave a black screen. the other was one that was just titled backup launcher and that gave the 002 error. shes trying to run the conduit which i burned for her. they were able to run madworld. and all of the loaders are for dvd-r. hope that helps

6. markedmanner

Newcomer markedmanner Advanced Member

United States
    I recommend you try Neogamma for playing Back DVD-R. It should play The Conduit.

Also do you know which CIOS you have installed?