Hacking Question Backup Updates?

shadowla05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello can any one tell me how the switch can detect backup updates when it’s been offline?

This switch is brand new purchased specifically for running cfw and has only been online once to update to latest firmware. Didn’t use SX OS till after updating and going offline ever since.

This switch hasn’t had any games played on other then the backups and it’s been offline at all times.

darkflame808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impossible to say, given that nintendo has a lower level access to the hardware and is able to write the api's. They are pretty much capable of doing anything crafty. Your best bet moving forward is to not solely jump to the latest firmware simply because it supports all the games. Consider jumping as you need it and fight the urge to play the latest and greatest the first day it drops. I try to keep myself a few months behind on games. This gives everyone the opportunity to beta test the ban hammers for me :)

shadowla05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impossible to say, given that nintendo has a lower level access to the hardware and is able to write the api's. They are pretty much capable of doing anything crafty. Your best bet moving forward is to not solely jump to the latest firmware simply because it supports all the games. Consider jumping as you need it and fight the urge to play the latest and greatest the first day it drops. I try to keep myself a few months behind on games. This gives everyone the opportunity to beta test the ban hammers for me :)

Hmmm just so weird that it can detect game updates when that game has never been played on the switch and switch it self has been offline before so os was installed

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is more likely to detect that SX OS was run on it than backups being updated in OFW. The fact remains that if you connect the Switch to the Internet in any shape or form after modifying it any way, you are always risking a ban.

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i would say that when u made the firmware update, Nintendo could register on the console the latest game version of the entire lbrary. Pure speculation tho

Reactions: darkflame808

shadowla05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is more likely to detect that SX OS was run on it than backups being updated in OFW. The fact remains that if you connect the Switch to the Internet in any shape or form after modifying it any way, you are always risking a ban.

Not worry about ban I know that’s a risk and that’s why I’m using a spear switch.I haven’t even gone into OFW or online ever since I installed SX OS, that’s why I’m confused on how the switch detects there’s an update for a game.

i would say that when u made the firmware update, Nintendo could register on the console the latest game version of the entire lbrary. Pure speculation tho
That would be crazy if that’s the case

Last edited by shadowla05,

darkflame808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absintu made a good point. Nintendo could revoke a key for a specific game based on the version and force the update in the firmware. Let's say Nintendo made a mistake in the programming that allowed an exploit or allowed cheating (infinite arrows on botw for example). They fixed this in version 1.3 or whatever. Now they release a new firmware. They can say ok effective firmware 4.0; BOTW <=1.3 has its certificate revoked. Now when you launch the game which you never played before. Even if offline you can still see the nag even though your buddy next to you can run it just fine on his sx because he's only on 3.00 which was released before they discovered this critical flaw.

Nintendo won't just give everyone the update finger because not everyone has access to wifi all of time. So Nintendo might only block v 1.4 and below of something but still let 1.5 boot even though 1.8 might he the latest version. Simply because 1.4 and below has a big enough issue that Nintendo felt locking the door on it was necessary due to exploit, cheating, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!