XP
Country
United States
So I have the following on my wii

1. homebrew channel
2. CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
3. HP-backuplauncher.dol.wad
4. DVDx using advanced install with ios249

I then created an iso of Zelda: twilight princess using Wii DVD Dumper over wifi
and then patched the iso with WiiBackupPatcher.exe.

now when I try to load the game with the iso loader I get a black screen, also tried force ntsc..
Im using dvd-r's, is there anything I should be doing differently?

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What brand DVD-R? I had some problems with backups myself till I started using Verbatim DVD-R's. I've also heard you should avoid any special characters or spaces in the name of your ISO. What size is the ISO? I believe the size should be about 3.99 GB (or 4,185,870 kilobytes, or 4,286,330,880 bytes, same thing). Or at least that's what works for me. Hope this helps.

symplystyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using some fuji-films that I had laying around. The iso was called RZDE(converted), originally RZDE from the Wii dump then the converter added the rest, and the file size is 4,286,330,880 bytes after being patched.

when I use the Wii Loader it does a quick green screen then its black.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's weird because I'm also getting a black screen after booting the disc as well (Except I'm using Mario Galaxy). The launcher doesn't seem to indicate any sort of problems either. I used both Waninkoko's and Wiigator's version of the backup launcher. After both of them boots the disc, a green screen flashes then it stays at a black screen.

I'm using Memorex DVD-R and burned the first copy at 2.4X and the second one at 4x. Both of them didn't work, and the second one was downloaded somewhere different from where I got the first one.

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Symplystyc, you might try (again, I've only read this somewhere) removing the"(" and ")" from the name of the iso and just shorten to RDZE or whatever. The ( and ) I believe are special characters, and may cause the game not to work. I always remove the (converted) from my ISO's. @

ChaosBoi, might be the DVD-R's you're using.

Are you both ripping these games yourself, or are you "acquiring" them through other means? If DIY, maybe try getting the ISO from somewhere else and trying it. I've never had much luck ripping my own from ISO's.

Oh and one more thing, how long are you letting the black screen sit? Some games take FOREVER to load past the black screen. Mario Galaxy is one of them.

symplystyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be9ine said:
@Symplystyc, you might try (again, I've only read this somewhere) removing the"(" and ")" from the name of the iso and just shorten to RDZE or whatever. The ( and ) I believe are special characters, and may cause the game not to work. I always remove the (converted) from my ISO's. @

ChaosBoi, might be the DVD-R's you're using.

Are you both ripping these games yourself, or are you "acquiring" them through other means? If DIY, maybe try getting the ISO from somewhere else and trying it. I've never had much luck ripping my own from ISO's.

Oh and one more thing, how long are you letting the black screen sit? Some games take FOREVER to load past the black screen. Mario Galaxy is one of them.

I ripped mine using the wii dumper over wifi, I figured I'd start with something that should work before I try other methods. and I usually let the game sit for about 5 minutes. I'll try without the ( )'s and report back

symplystyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So renaming the file to RDZE without the ( )'s seems to have worked some. Now instead of a black screen I get the screen that tells you to make sure your nunchuck is firmly attatched. I'm not sure how long that screen is supposed to be there.

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@symplystyc: The little notification about making sure the nunchuck is attached also hangs sometimes. Just try and let it sit there for a minute. I know it's maddening waiting for it, but I think you're on the right track.

@ChaosBoi: Are you at least getting to the nunchuck screen? My Mario Galaxy takes forever to load past the black screen, though 5 minutes does seem a bit excessive. Aside from that, I would recommend making sure the ISO file has no special characters or spaces, before you burn. For example, my Mario Galaxy ISO's name is simply smg.iso, and it burns and loads fine. Could still be your media though. If you can't get anything else to work, I suggest trying Verbatim DVD-R's. They seem to be the magic discs.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone reported that Memorex DVD-R worked fine (Though I forgot who said that but it was in another topic). And no, it's not getting to the nunchuk screen. I left it alone for 10 mins just awhile ago and it still doesn't budge. The iso I patched was just called SUPER MARIO GALAXY.ISO, and then it became partition.iso after I ran it through the backup-creator or w/e that file in djatz's sig was called.

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read of allot of people using the patcher and getting "partition.iso", though when I patch my ISO's, the only time it says that is during the conversion. After it's finished, there is a new ISO with the same name plus "(converted)" after the name. IE: Super Mario Galaxy.iso and a new additional file called Super Mario Galaxy (converted).iso. I also use the converter from djatz's sig, and that's how mine turns out. Do you get a confirmation pop-up after conversion? And what size is the converted ISO? The reason I ask is because I'm willing to bet we're using the same Mario Galaxy ISO. Are you having any trouble with any other ISO's?

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be9ine said:
What brand DVD-R? I had some problems with backups myself till I started using Verbatim DVD-R's. I've also heard you should avoid any special characters or spaces in the name of your ISO. What size is the ISO? I believe the size should be about 3.99 GB (or 4,185,870 kilobytes, or 4,286,330,880 bytes, same thing). Or at least that's what works for me. Hope this helps.

Hey did you try burning the iso's at max speeds to see if they still work?

Like try burning a game at max speed to see if that makes a difference.

symplystyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be9ine said:
In my experience, the converted ISO needs to be 3.99 gigs.
Any luck symplystyc?

No luck yet, all of my backups are 3.99 after patching. yes i tried some from "other" sources as well. I'm wondering if its my media now.

<Luke>

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
symplystyc said:
be9ine said:
In my experience, the converted ISO needs to be 3.99 gigs.
Any luck symplystyc?

No luck yet, all of my backups are 3.99 after patching. yes i tried some from "other" sources as well. I'm wondering if its my media now.

It's not your media. I use Fujifilm dvd-r burnt at 4x and not a single backup has had any problems.

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It really doesnt matter what media you use, i used almost any type of media i got my hands on.. most of them will do the work anyway (as long as it is -R) but never try +R it drives you crazy since most older burners doesn't support Booktype.

Also like djtaz said in another topic give up on RW's they don't work either i tried it to many times
tongue.gif
also file naming doesn't really matter when you using imgburn or any other good burning program.. the only problem i had on my side with not booting games, was when i tried to use +RW (booktype DVD-ROM) or using NTSC iso's on my PAL not region free wii, it doesn't seem to like ntsc for some weird reason.

Try another game comfirmed to work, i got mario party 8 working like a charm! Also Pokemon revolution works fine & Mario Kart (but that crashes unfortunatly.. after selecting next GP)

symplystyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why your mentioning RW's as I stated I'm using -R's. anyways I managed to get mario party 8 to work but it gets jumpy during some of the game play. Cant wait till the next Loader release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1