Hacking Backup Manager Angry Very Angry

Le Reveur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every backup manager i've used, WBFS manager, Wii Backup Manager, Simple backup manager, you can add more to the list if you want to, they all have froze on me.
Basically I would transfer and iso or wbfs to the harddrive and it would stop in the middle of the progress bar. It would be stuck on some random percentage number, and then I would have to restart the computer to get the program running again.

Key point here: Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosen't

Is it my hardrive? I have a Western Digital Passport 320 GB. I've had it partioned different ways, Fat 32, NTFS, WBFS. Sometimes completely partioned to one filesystem, and then i try to split it to two different partions.
All in the effort to make sure isos transfer more smoothly to the drive, but no matter how i partion it, there's always lock-ups.
I keep thinking the problem lies in the drive, but it works perfectly on the wii on every usb loader.

I can't tell if it's something with ALL the backup managers or the hardrive, or even the computer. It's driving me nuts, I just want to add a game to my hardrive without any problems.
It's angers me to find people on forums saying they had no problems at all transfering 12 isos on a certain backup manager, while my computer freezes trying to transfer new super mario bros. a game that's barely a gigabyte!
mad.gif

Sorry for complaning so much, but I just can't find the solution. Can someone at least tell me if they had this problem before as well, or if there's something wrong with what i'm doing. I use a Windows Vista/7 computer by the way.

Tnx in advance.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you running it as administrator????

Have you tried just with one partition???

Have you scanned your hard drive for errors???

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could be some incompatibility between the driver the managers use and the USB chipset on the enclosure. If it's possible, remove the drive from the enclose and hook it up to one of the SATA (or IDE whatever it is) channels in your PC and try it that way. If it works you know it's the enclosure. If it doesn't then I would say there is a problem with the drive itself.

Le Reveur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish i knew how to do that. It sounds very useful, but i know this type of hardrive for a fact, is used by many people for usb loaders. Has lockups like mine happen to anyone else b4. If so, how did you resolve it.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just experienced this same problem. I have a 500gb WD my book. i think its a problem with windows 7 and usb drivers. what kind of motherboard do you have? are you using vista or 7 (vista/7 is not an answer!)? i have a 1tb drive of the same type it seems to work better if i have only 1 drive plugged in. thats the only solution i could find, i NEVER had this problem with XP and i've transferred 200+GB when i first got my 1tb. i honestly believe its windows 7 and the usb drivers. i have a asrock mobo, cant remember the model number. all using drivers from the 7 install, never used a stock one.

Le Reveur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you that's the answer i've been looking for. I begin having this problems with vista, then i recently upgraded it to windows 7, which then i'm still having the same problems. If that's the case I might try using xp for my file transfers.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If its any consolation, I have windows 7, and WBFS Manager works just as flawlessly now as it did on XP for me (both 32bit version)

Seems to me like its definitely an issue with your drive...

PrimusZa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Le Reveur said:
thank you that's the answer i've been looking for. I begin having this problems with vista, then i recently upgraded it to windows 7, which then i'm still having the same problems. If that's the case I might try using xp for my file transfers.

Bingo! same exact problem I have.... I think it had to do with an update from MS. I ran WBFS Manager 3.01 on Vista, installed 50 or so games to a Seagate 250g HD with not one problem. Then one day bang freezes when installing at random times. So then I tried WBFS Manager 3.0, 2.0, 1.5 all freeze. The only one that doesn't is WBFS Manager 1.0 I then did a complete fresh install of Windows 7 and got the same exact results. I think it really has to do with the motherboard/drivers then the enclosure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk