Hacking Backup Loader + DVD+R

HippyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single type of disk I have used so far has worked.
Verbatim DVD-R
Maxell DVD+R
Phillips DVD+R

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebound said:
I've run out of my DVD-R's and unfortunately my Drive doesnt support booktyping. Is there any (other) Way to get DVD+R with the backuploader?

Hmmm.. What you can do is download alcohol 120% then go into options and select automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM if you are going to be using DVD+R or RW good luck and let me know if that works for you

C

CasperH

Cooler89 said:
Rebound said:
I've run out of my DVD-R's and unfortunately my Drive doesnt support booktyping. Is there any (other) Way to get DVD+R with the backuploader?

Hmmm.. What you can do is download alcohol 120% then go into options and select automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM if you are going to be using DVD+R or RW good luck and let me know if that works for you
Just but the deam -R's.
You already (probably) don't have to pay for the games and you are whining that you maybe must be some really expensive (not!) -r's
hate2.gif

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guy I want to share my test ...sorry cuz My english.

Wii- 3.3U
Backup Loader- v3 gamma.
The new cIOS_instaler that comes with The Gamma Loader on Djtaz Files.

And This is the weird thing I have 3 Game
Spiderman WofS [PAL]

Mario Kart Wii [PAL]

Star Wars Force U. [PAL]

And I use Memorex DVD+R at 3x To burn them... and they all works 100%

Now My Question is..... How come there is people saying that we can not use DVD+R??
I'm just lil bit confuse about that...

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
To people saying there is no need to set the booktype please research the wii and your hardware before giving misinformation.

A unchipped wii (or a wii with some of the older chips) requires DVD+R to be bitset to DVD-ROM.

Many drives do it automatically, some allow you to do it manually and a few don't have the option at all. The reason you have never "had to set the booktype" is because your burner is doing it automagically.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
quim69 said:
To people saying there is no need to set the booktype please research the wii and your hardware before giving misinformation.

A unchipped wii (or a wii with some of the older chips) requires DVD+R to be bitset to DVD-ROM.

Many drives do it automatically, some allow you to do it manually and a few don't have the option at all. The reason you have never "had to set the booktype" is because your burner is doing it automagically.
Heh... Sorry, my writer ONLY writes to DVD+R, it can't do -R, so when I click on any of the booktyping options, it comes up with an error! It's a HP DVD writer 300n.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
The 300n is a rebadged NEC 1x00 series burner, with auto-bitsetting firmware for +R.

It can even be cross-flashed to NEC iff you wanted (see HERE which would allow you to burn DVD-R. the nec 1100 wasn't brilliant at burning them though, the 1300 was improved iirc (ancient burner, I don't remember too well ;> ).

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
When I put a DVD-R in my dvd drive, it doesn't recognise the disc, so why when I put a DVD+R in, would it automatically bitset to DVD-R?
:S

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I asked for dvdinfo pro scan, according to few document I've read Wii won't read anything but DVD-ROM discs, unless chiped.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but I mean that if my drive can't recognise ordinary dvd-rs then why does it only burn to dvd+r and then bitset? Surely if it can bitset then it would be able to read the same type of disc it's bitsetting to...

someone will understand me

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Beatchu said:
Yes but I mean that if my drive can't recognise ordinary dvd-rs then why does it only burn to dvd+r and then bitset? Surely if it can bitset then it would be able to read the same type of disc it's bitsetting to...

someone will understand me

DVD-R and DVD-ROM are two completely different things.

I don't know what you are getting at here. :/

EDIT: lol ninja'd ;/

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you this, I use the gamma loader with dvd+r and have no problem at all. As a matter of fact, I have a total of 47 Wii games burned to nothing BUT dvd+r (memorex, hp, and others) and none have problems playing.

I have a dual layer hp +r disc with SSBB on it and it plays fine too.

Not sure why all the hype with only -r discs?!?!

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
I can tell you this, I use the gamma loader with dvd+r and have no problem at all. As a matter of fact, I have a total of 47 Wii games burned to nothing BUT dvd+r (memorex, hp, and others) and none have problems playing.

I have a dual layer hp +r disc with SSBB on it and it plays fine too.

Not sure why all the hype with only -r discs?!?!

Did you read the whole topic? Especially some of the later posts?

Your drive might be automatically bitsetting your DVD+R discs to DVD-ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1