OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

I am having problems getting my Wii to play burned games,

I downgraded my wii to version 3.2u and installed the Homebrew channel along with a wad manager to install CIOS_fix and wiigator 3 backup launcher. and i installed dvdx doing the advanced install and selecting IOS249

I burned a patched iso (meda is TDK dvd-r) and when i try to load it in the wiigator launcher i receive an error message
with some overlapping writing that looks like error: dvd identity failed. well, it looks more like two errors, but they write over each other, so it's difficult to ascertain what they say, but what I can make out two words, "Set" and "DVD"

does anyone have any idea what the problem is and a potential solution?? I've been working at this for a long time and I know im so close... just looking for some help, thats all. thanks!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First of all, DVDx is not needed anymore, since november I think, second of all, install the cIOS36_r7 and then use the Gamma Launcher, then post results, again, ok...??
smile.gif

jkoven1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so should i uninstall dvdx and any other CIOS ?? or can i just install cIOS36_r7 on top of what i have now?? thanks again, not a total noob just trying to wrap my head around this

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to read more about this, check WiiGator's blog for more information, DVDx you can unistall it, it is not necesary for the Backup Launcher anymore, use the cIOS36_r7 installer, if you have an error during the installation process then delete first the IOS249 (ONLY THAT ONE) and then try the installer again, if you don't have any problems, then just use the Gamma Launcher and that's it...!!!
smile.gif

jkoven1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i followed your instructions and when i try to load a backup i get a new error msg "dvd read error 324"

i even tried launching from a unpatched iso as well as the patched iso.

any more suggestions?? Thanks again

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the cIOS it is not properly installed, OR many people has been getiing this because of their media type, so you need to change them, try using Sony Accucore, Verbatim, or Tayo Yunden (or whatever their name is), if you are using DVD+R, you need to change the Book Type to DVD-ROM in the ImgBurn or Nero or whatever you're using to burn, ok...??

And start reading and using the search button, please....!!
smile.gif

jkoven1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the help, i used a different brand dvd and it worked! not sure if this is permanent fix but at least i got one working

works using maxwell dvd-r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple