Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
CIJC said:
goku1980 said:
that sux bout the dvd firm still steller work gator mad props on all your work and every one involved

this post makes no sense to me. maybe im just dumb
tongue.gif

makes no sense to me either

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Makes sense to me...

'That sux bout the dvd firm'

It sucks that the dvd firmware can't be hacked

'Still steller work gator mad props on all your work and every one involved'

Still, stellar work wiigator, mad props on all your work and everyone involved

What's not to understand?

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bozzer123 said:
CIJC said:
goku1980 said:
that sux bout the dvd firm still steller work gator mad props on all your work and every one involved

this post makes no sense to me. maybe im just dumb
tongue.gif

makes no sense to me either

Let me translate :

What a pity that dumping firmware is a such difficult task. Anyway, thank you Wiigator and all peoples involved for your stellar work.

biggrin.gif

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior7 said:
fennec for official gibberish translator - 1 VOTE here.

(lolz, yeah have fun with that job)

Lol got myself a nice job ! But I think I'll stick with the one I'm actually paid for
smile.gif

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
please, Tell me Wiigator, or some coder here : Is it possible to change the BCA & the DMI of a dvd thx to a software or smthing like ??

WLCD

Trophies
Website
wlcdweb.com
XP
Country
France
Hi, WiiGator, readers, any update yet, even if i'm fully satisfied by Gamma, i would like to have some info about the progress of the Backup launcher.

Thx in advance
smile.gif

kurtisboyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I'm on a 3.2e pal wii not chipped with homebrew channel and backup launcher 0.3 gamma.

If I try to play a newer game like mario kart wii it'll ask me for an update right?

You need the update to play mario kart wii, and if I install it, will it upgrade me to 3.4e?
Will it replace the homebrew channel or any ios's that I installed and make me have to reinstall them?

Also, if I use a game like wii music that came out after 3.4, will it make me update to 3.4?

Just a bit paranoid
wink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
way to go bringing to life a good oldie..!!
1) There is no 3.4 or 3.3 or even 3.2 update in any disc, just 3.1 for now, even the NFS, Bleach (Jap), Let's Tap (Jap)
2) Using the Gamma Launcher means you bypasses the update partition and boot directly in the game partition of the disc

kurtisboyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was this thread that old?

Sorry...

Anyway, thanks for the info
smile.gif

So why would people brickblock games or remove the update partition?

Is this only for modchips?

Once again, thanks
smile.gif

kurtisboyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok cool, so has anyone had any experience with a mario kart wii iso and is there anything I need to do to with it before i burn it to disk and play it?

If this is against the rules please tell me and I'll delete this post.

Also is it against the rules to ask for a pm for a link to a torrent?

ozman50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
houseonfire said:
WiiGator said:
houseonfire said:
@WiiGator

I installed your new cIOS, and now Mario Kart doesn't even boot (it did before, but would only give me an error saying that the disc could not be read)
And Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles does not work at all anymore, when it did before.

Maybe you need to install the fixed "read retry" version.
Thats the version I installed.
I installed the new one that you just recently posted, and now I am presented with these problems.

I don't know if you have solved this problem yet but incase you haven't, i have.. i've noticed that with this version some, not all ntsc games on a pal console or vice versa need to be force video mode of the console to work.. example if you have a ntsc console and you are playing a pal game and it doesn't work try forcing it to ntsc and more than likely it will work.. i had to do this with a few games, one of which being Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles...

squaremast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with some games (de blob, super paper mario, etc...) the screen turns black and a message: error eject the disc, turn off the consol bla bla bla can it be fixed?

Warchamp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if someone could help me out

I'm trying to get Brawl working with the Backup Loader (I know it doesn't support Dual Layer)

Anyway, I have a full dump of Brawl. I can burn it to a Verbatim DVD+R in IMGBurn and it just runs out of room, asks to finalize it, I say yes, etc. Running this in the Backup Launcher results in DVD Read Error (324)

I scrubbed a copy of the ISO with Wii Scrubber and then cancelled it around 4.5 Gigs so it'd fit on my Maxell DVD-R (IMGBurn won't burn to it without enough space like the +R does) This results in the Game ID popping up but I get DVD Read Error (384)

I've reinstalled IOS249 multiple times now. My Wii is NSTC-U and is from launch day.

Can anyone assist me? (Please don't tell me to download a shrunken copy of Brawl, tell me how I can shrink it properly myself please if that's the only option :S)

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu