Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing work guys. COD5 working with the new gamma makes me happy. Keep up the good work.
biggrin.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meharis said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Moon_child said:
Can't we just fucking wait in SILENCE?!.... We all want the new version, but it's getting really annoying to see that this topic gets filled with posts like "When will the new version be released???" or "Maybe it will be released today!!!". Just have some patience!
dude, it's like beating a dead horse... people are going to flood threads with stupid posts weather you like it or not, its inevitable

and it`s somewhat a way to honor their work, imho.
honoring a project consists of posting useful questions, information, or ideas(which a lot of post here aren't, hence 337 pages, 5050+ posts and the thread was only started Sept. 27th 2008)... but thanks for your opinion
smile.gif

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
BL4Z3D247 said:
Meharis said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Moon_child said:
Can't we just fucking wait in SILENCE?!.... We all want the new version, but it's getting really annoying to see that this topic gets filled with posts like "When will the new version be released???" or "Maybe it will be released today!!!". Just have some patience!
dude, it's like beating a dead horse... people are going to flood threads with stupid posts weather you like it or not, its inevitable

honoring a project consists of posting useful questions, information, or ideas(which a lot of post here aren't, hence 337 pages, 5050+ posts and the thread was only started Sept. 27th 2008)... but thanks for your opinion
smile.gif

I tested every game i could lay my hands on and submitted all my results in the compatibility thread instead of all the a..holes begging : please please gimme the beta !!!

btw. as U CAN SEE above. There is absolutely no useful phrase in your post as well !

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meharis said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Meharis said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Moon_child said:

smile.gif

I tested every game i could lay my hands on and submitted all my results in the compatibility thread instead of all the a..holes begging : please please gimme the beta !!!

btw. as U CAN SEE above. There is absolutely no useful phrase in your post as well !
none of what i said was towards you in any way, i was generally speaking of course... and yeah my last three posts may not have contained anything useful but i also have no more than 20 posts total in this thread, so i think i have a right to voice my opinion about something posted in this thread regardless of the relevance

and now i stop adding to the clutter... g'day
happy.gif

FalcoX

Trophies
Website
emupedia.com
XP
Country
United States
FamineMK said:
Thor1981 said:
Wanin very well.
I hope that you can create the perfect charger, because there are a lot of competition:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113659

Riiiiight... cause he doesn't know there is another backup loader in the works. And you say this like competition is a bad thing?!? Look what it did for the MaNGOS project when ASCENT/ANTRIX came on the scene.

MaNGOS/SD2/UDB 4 life!

*Off-topic*
Hah, nice to see someone that knows about those. Ascent was good, until all the drama took over... I still prefer MaNGOS.

*On-Topic*
I'm just waiting quietly for the new loader, I tried messing with the source but it wasn't that interesting to me. Between working on iWoW several years ago and other unreleased things in the WoW scene I kinda have quit coding.

P.S - Yes, it's FalcoX from Emupedia

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just trying out COD 5 on the Gamma Version 5, (Yeah, I'm now a BETA tester by the way), and now its just crashed on me.
I dont think its the loaders fault, its probably either I was playing it too long or its just a problem with that certain level (the level where you see the germans for the 1st time, after you destroy the Japanense tanks)

P.S, I too, think we should put waninkokos name on the loader. I mean, without him, none of this would be possible, I think its only fair he gets some credit too.

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, you're a beta tester, so don't blame yourself if anything's going wrong with the loader, you're there to underline it's malfunctions, and whatever the time you play to it,whether you're playing that level or another... the game has to work... i'm no coder, but if your WII has been cleaned from all the previous stuff that was on it before you started the betatesting, no doubt it's the loader indeed

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkeoX said:
Well, you're a beta tester, so don't blame yourself if anything's going wrong with the loader, you're there to underline it's malfunctions, and whatever the time you play to it,whether you're playing that level or another... the game has to work... i'm no coder, but if your WII has been cleaned from all the previous stuff that was on it before you started the betatesting, no doubt it's the loader indeed

I dont think its the loader personally. I think it was just that I was playing it too long, perhaps because of overheating.
I'm very impressed with this loader so far and whether its a problem with the loader or not, I dont know.
I'm gonna try playing it really quick tomorrow and see if it crashed at the same point or not, then we'll find out the answer, I still reckon its due to overheating personally.
By the way, it didnt just crash straight away. The floor disappeared when I got to another area, then I put it on pause, then it crashed soon after. I can tell when its going to crash because it sounds like the wii's sruggling to read it, before it crashes.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebdynasty said:
How exactly have people been able to test gamma? Is there a certain thing you must do?

You must get on your knees, provide sexual favors for both WiiGator and Waninkoko, and afterward say "My, what a lovely tea party!"

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
Things are going very well.

There was a bug in my optimized read function but it has been fixed. WiiGator also noticed faster reads with this code
wink.gif

Now I would like to get HOTD 2 working.

WoOoOoOoOoOoOot

When you manage this and have the 2 games loading (and SAVING) then we are soooooo much closer to WiiMultiGame DVD's.

grog.gif

ebdynasty

Trophies
XP
Country
Luriden said:
ebdynasty said:
How exactly have people been able to test gamma? Is there a certain thing you must do?

You must get on your knees, provide sexual favors for both WiiGator and Waninkoko, and afterward say "My, what a lovely tea party!"

Lol you homo... I was actually being serious

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
ebdynasty said:

hahahaha , love that movie.

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
ebdynasty said:

Already did that. But it wasn't for Gamma if you get what I'm saying.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebdynasty said:
Luriden said:
ebdynasty said:

The testers are mostly pretty close with WiiGator I imagine. Either that or they have coding experience themselves, so if something goes wrong with the gamma they can give suggestions on what needs to be done in order to fix it.

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
ebdynasty said:
Luriden said:
ebdynasty said:

The testers are mostly pretty close with WiiGator I imagine. Either that or they have coding experience themselves, so if something goes wrong with the gamma they can give suggestions on what needs to be done in order to fix it.

Most private beta testers are, what he just mentioned. So unless you can like, hold him down and steal the beta over the internet. You won't get it until public release. Which who knows when.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1