Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
aljabiraa said:
quim69 said:
aljabiraa said:
i burnt Wii Music (NTSC-U) onto a DVD-R (I have a PAL Wii). firstly i got dvd identify error, so i burnt it using a different drive, and i got past the jumbled letters.
then it said something about no sd codes, so i put ocarina off. now it got rid of 'no sd codes' but still it won't get past that screen with the information. I have changed the Hooktype (what does that mean?) and and between force PAL60 and PAL50.
any help?
Wii Music will just crash at a green screen if you try to force it to PAL.. You have to run it in NTSC, which means a red screen if you are using RGB. inferior cables (RF, Composite, Component) will be fine.

I'm using a Component cable and it doesn't even get to a green screen

I'm playing Wii Music NTSC but I ran the ISO through WiiFrii to patch it to PAL before I burned it. No problems at all.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed the fix and it allowed "Fitness Ultimatum" to run whereas I had disc error previously. I also tested Rayman 2 and We Skii but they still had the disc error.

Hope it helps.

WiiGator said:
I don't know what Nintendo will do, but I believe they will need at least 3 month. Theoretically they fixed the problem, so they may do nothing.

One tester reported that Super Paper Mario doesn't load at all, it is now fixed for him. I added the link to this version. When you report a game to work or not, please also mention that you have installed the fix. It seems only to fix bugs, which are reported by only one tester. This doesn't fix problems like the star wars problem, which was reported by many testers.

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26HQT909

SHA1
1113cbb49643d2f8ddc72754760d859152f976f9 cios_installer.dol

MD5
548c3ec9eaba982997d4bf2f0100ad8b cios_installer.dol

There was a question before about the source code for the backup launcher DOL. Yes, I used the old version of *****OS and I downloaded the new files.

slipperyweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdbrain said:
First post. Yeah, I've been trolling for awhile... Anyways- working with the 0.3 beta loader for me so far:

*Endless Ocean *- NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Works perfectly! Fast load times. No problems. *This one always froze with previous loaders.
*Madden 09 All Play* - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Works perfectly! Fast load times. No problems. *This one always froze with previous loaders.
*Warioware Smooth Moves* - NTSC - 1:1 (not patched) - Works well. Intro video lags a little, but much better than before. Fast game load times.

Not working for me so far:
*Star Wars: The Force Unleahed - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator. Gives error message before loading initial strap warning screen. This disc worked for me with 0.1.
*The Simpsons Game* - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Gives error message after loading initial strap warning screen. This disc worked for me with 0.1.
*Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis* - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Gives error message after loading initial strap warning screen. This worked with 0.1.

Trying to get the rest of my games backed up with dvd dumper over the wifi. As you guys know, it takes a few hours per game. Will add further on my other games when I can. I will also try burning the patched games that didn't work with the 1:1 isos that I dumped to see if that helps matters.

Cheers and props to the gator, wanin, and everyone involved with this project. You are doing us gamers with children who like to scratch up discs a HUGE service with this loader.

Oh, and pardon my ignorance, but is there a compatibility thread or wiki going somewhere??? ** found compatibility threat by searching... sorry about that....

I am using a patched Madden 09 with my NTSC-U 3.3 and it is freezing at multiple spots: going into a game or changing options. Are you using any extra options when you boot it or just the defaults?

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
houseonfire said:
@WiiGator

I installed your new cIOS, and now Mario Kart doesn't even boot (it did before, but would only give me an error saying that the disc could not be read)
And Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles does not work at all anymore, when it did before.

Maybe you need to install the fixed "read retry" version.

ShinraArmy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, glad youre doing so well

say, could you answer a couple questions?

I have a working backup launcher .1, do i need to uninstall/install any CIOs? id like to keep both 0.1 and .3 working, just in case, do i just install .3?

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
houseonfire said:
@WiiGator

I installed your new cIOS, and now Mario Kart doesn't even boot (it did before, but would only give me an error saying that the disc could not be read)
And Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles does not work at all anymore, when it did before.

Maybe you need to install the fixed "read retry" version.
Thats the version I installed.
I installed the new one that you just recently posted, and now I am presented with these problems.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.N+ said:
can someone tell me what is meant by "1:1" in the compatibility list: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3
when "1:1" means the unpatched version, why there are sometimes yes and no in one field?
1:1 means a game not patched using a patcher. If it says yes, then it means its not patched. If it says no, then it is patched.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I've encountered multiple "bad hash" errors when testing the OFFLINE install of the new cIOS. I've tried downloading the files X amount of times from the official Nintendo links. I've gotten at least one bad hash error each time.

However, when doing the ONLINE install w/ my Wii hooked up on the network, it installed flawlessly.

Has anyone been able to do a proper OFFLINE install?

i wonder...if you do this online does'nt the CIOS installer get the files from nintendo's official update servers and if so could nintendo say PATCH our CIOS install by modifying said files? like within the last day or so causing different results? just curious? thanks in advanced to whom ever clears that up!
tongue.gif
smile.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:
I've encountered multiple "bad hash" errors when testing the OFFLINE install of the new cIOS. I've tried downloading the files X amount of times from the official Nintendo links. I've gotten at least one bad hash error each time.

However, when doing the ONLINE install w/ my Wii hooked up on the network, it installed flawlessly.

Has anyone been able to do a proper OFFLINE install?

i wonder...if you do this online does'nt the CIOS installer get the files from nintendo's official update servers and if so could nintendo say PATCH our CIOS install by modifying said files? like within the last day or so causing different results? just curious? thanks in advanced to whom ever clears that up!
tongue.gif
smile.gif
yep... and guess who ran the cIOS downgrader lastnight... *points both thumbs at self* THIS GUY!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
bigianp said:
I've noticed that theres 2 different sized fix files if it makes a difference

Another mirror:
Feel free to link to it...my bandwidth is yours folks
http://madtamski.com/downloads/cios_installer_read_retry.tgz
Again...thanks for everything guys!

is 340kb

Wiigators link is 335kb.

Regarding OFFLINE install i did it with no problems

I tried both of them and get an network.net_init.failed =error116

I have gotten it before with the iso dumper too...but after a few tries it works...

What's got me is I am using an ethernet connection on the Wii... I have used wifi as well.. same results sometimes wifi more than other..and the wii is just across from my FIOS router.

Anyways.. I know my internet works on the wii... because I test shop channel and opera and make sure the icon is white and not blinking or off before trying to run the reread_fix that wiigator has suggested for people to try.

About what people said about the "conspiracy" of what Nintendo is doing with this project... that's freaking crazy...and makes alot of sense... especially when you know there is probably a mole or 2 within these threads.

Where the hell is Bootmii dammmmit?!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me please? I installed the CIOS and the backup launcher 0.3 but when i go to launch a game i end up at a screen that says something along the lines of Exception occurred (ISI error) then a bunch of numbers.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
.N+ said:
can someone tell me what is meant by "1:1" in the compatibility list: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3
when "1:1" means the unpatched version, why there are sometimes yes and no in one field?
Yes and No in one field just means it has been tested by multiple people - some using 1:1 and others using a decrypted version.

Zeno McDohl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what this error means? I can't even read it. Getting this with various games I try (including ones that are verified to work on the wiki).

zemkacz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeno McDohl said:
Does anyone know what this error means? I can't even read it. Getting this with various games I try (including ones that are verified to work on the wiki).

You did not burn it correctly, reburn at a slower speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?