M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
vettacossx said:
holy DRAMA for a group of folks that are ALL "on the same side of unofficial code" they sure are being dramatic WHY NOT SET UP A PRIVATE SERVER CMON THIS IS ALL Orcastrated if you ask me.... Anyone other than MARCAN WHO HATES WANINKOKO ANYWAY try this? Waninkoko can you at least confirm or deny the release it fake so that can be put to rest?
I don't think Waninkoko wants to confirm it's real, even if it is. Think about it, he said it was an empty file! He might have recognized it, and tried to contact Wiigator in order to get the link removed.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unfortunatly dynamic ips are shared over a range of users... For example with comcast i get a different ip every few days, but it does remain in the same subset of ip ranges... to get closer than the local isp office location is more work than its worth. Im going to continue waiting patiently and hope this disaster doesnt effect the real loader

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow some bloke said Marcan and his gang were a nasty lot to the guy who wanted to develop the usb2.0 hack..... but I had no idea, i really didn't untill now.

makiritare

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
vettacossx said:
holy DRAMA for a group of folks that are ALL "on the same side of unofficial code" they sure are being dramatic WHY NOT SET UP A PRIVATE SERVER CMON THIS IS ALL Orcastrated if you ask me.... Anyone other than MARCAN WHO HATES WANINKOKO ANYWAY try this? Waninkoko can you at least confirm or deny the release it fake so that can be put to rest?

he already did

waninkoko said:
QUOTE(marcan @ Oct 20 2008, 08:24 PM) Wow, this is going to be interesting.

I guess waninkoko still can't recognize PPC binaries by sight, but looking at the DOL, it definitely has some code in it. And a lot of entropy. It's probably packed. Since I have BootMii anyway, I gave it a shot.

I didn't particularly set anything up (I just wiiloaded the file) so of course it failed. On the other hand, I obviously don't know if it actually loads anything or not, nor do I care. But it definitely does something, and it also isn't a bricker.

Well, I know it's a PPC binary. It's easy to notice that...
I'm sure this is a big FAKE.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Okay, he's posted with about 4 or 5 different IPs in this thread alone...So that may of actually been him. Still looking into it.

Those 4 or 5 different ip addys.... do they happen to share the same beggining i.e. 257.23.41.*? if so and the most recent post shares the same beginning then i hate to say it, it probably was actually him.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
digitydogs said:
Gaisuto said:
Okay, he's posted with about 4 or 5 different IPs in this thread alone...So that may of actually been him. Still looking into it.

Those 4 or 5 different ip addys.... do they happen to share the same beggining i.e. 257.23.41.*? if so and the most recent post shares the same beginning then i hate to say it, it probably was actually him.
That's the distinc pattern i mentioned. Anyway you also can try to trace the distinct IP back to service provider in a specific country. Should make the situation a lil bit clearer
ohmy.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Gaisuto said:

The "I quit" post: 82.168.x.x
The "Test Results Are Good/Video" Posts: 84.178.x.x
"Users without WiFi will need to download the following files:": 84.178.x.x
Three other posts: 84.178.x.x

I think you're on to something. Save for the I Quit post, they've all started with 84.178.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiirfreaks said:
i think a moderator should edit the post and delete the link
it is a fake or this is somethink that is going wrong.
if wiigaotr would quit, he would write this to the http://www.wiiloader.com/forums/index.php page

plea DEL this link
Considering that the addy for that site has been spamming the board like crazy, and no one associated in any way with the beta has mentioned this site..... i highly doubt that wiigator is going to come running to a new unwatched site to post any real news.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
digitydogs said:
Gaisuto said:

I think you're on to something. Save for the I Quit post, they've all started with 84.178.
This is fantastic news... seeing that makes me 99% sure that it wasn't the real wiigator.

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Okay I don't know a damn thing about Dynamic IPs and how that works, we'll have to wait for Staff who does. Until then everyone calm down and not freak out. And DO NOT POST THAT LINK.

Dynamic IP is something like 192.168.1.xxx, where xxx changes whenever you connect to your ISP. The first group of numbers will always be the same (not 192.168.1 though, that's just an example) So if Wiigator's IP was something like xxx.xx.xx.123 for the last few posts and the "fake" wiigator's ip is something completely different, then you can tell he's a fake. UNLESS he's the real Wiigator posting at a library or friend's house. So we'll just have to wait for the real wiigator to post
unsure.gif

^correct me if I'm wrong

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Gaisuto said:
digitydogs said:
Gaisuto said:

its not wiigator.

KmanN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
digitydogs said:
Gaisuto said:

the 82.168 and 84.178 are completely different net ranges which means its not him.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darktehnub said:
Gaisuto said:
Okay I don't know a damn thing about Dynamic IPs and how that works, we'll have to wait for Staff who does. Until then everyone calm down and not freak out. And DO NOT POST THAT LINK.

Dynamic IP is something like 192.168.1.xxx, where xxx changes whenever you connect to your ISP. The first group of numbers will always be the same (not 192.168.1 though, that's just an example) So if Wiigator's IP was something like xxx.xx.xx.123 for the last few posts and the "fake" wiigator's ip is something completely different, then you can tell he's a fake. UNLESS he's the real Wiigator posting at a library or friend's house. So we'll just have to wait for the real wiigator to post
unsure.gif

^correct me if I'm wrong

Read above we have confirmed its a different ip subset... different isp, so very unlikely that its him..
In fact unless hes suddenly decided to use a netherlands proxy im sure it isnt him

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gaisuto said:
digitydogs said:
Gaisuto said:

The 82.168..* is associated to Tiscali NL whereas the other ones come straight outta germany..
edit:
beaten :

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lafie said:
Alright, just checked an unpatched backup, and it fails too. So it seems like it's just a very elaborate prank.
I'm quoting my previous post, just to show you guys how it looks when the disk fails (doesn't really matter). It actually checked the IOS files, which is surprisingly elaborate for a prank.
QUOTE said:
This is how far I got, But I used a patched backup (don't have a non-patched one yet)

Sorry for the terrible quality, I use a composite cable on a TV card.
I know I'm quoting myself, but this is an addition to that post.
I just checked the loader with an actual real wii game disk, and it failed again (which actually wouldn't surprise me, even if it was real). What I think is odd though, is that it actually spinned the drive before giving me a failed message. For a prank, both checking for IOS files and spinning the drive is VERY elaborate!

tewtal

Trophies
XP
Country
Try to see if you can find any other poster with the last ip, and see if it's someone registrered here stupid enough to not hide
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back