Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Erm, yeah, completely derailed topic.

You can got the EOF forum and talk about as much bullshit as you want.'

Next person that posts derailing off-topic chatter or crap in general will be suspended definitely.

P.S. If you're wondering and can't figure it out (which I can understand, by the looks of the above posts) - this is a topic about the Wii Backup Launcher that allows you to boot Nintendo Wii backups on your Wii without a modchip. Enjoy discussing.

machinehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks wiigator and everyone else that has contributed to this backuploader and everything else involved im willing to wait as long as it takes to try it out keep up the good work and im glad to hear there is some good progress going on

KaiUno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Willing? Like you've got a choice
tongue.gif

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks wiigator for coding this project and waninkoko for initiating the steps and for introducing some new cios etc. the loader has made many people join gbatemp, mainly just to join in with this history in the making. congratulations.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
well you may not be able to so called BACKUP A PATCHED ISO TO ITS ORIGINAL FORM however you SURE CAN BACK IT UP...

I HAVE TESTED THIS AND I CAN CONFIRM IT DOES INDEED WORK
wink.gif

Step 1: Take a game you have already patched and burned onto a DVDR (already burned backup) and open it with IMGburn then choose the option "Create Image From Disc"

Step 2: Open the IMAGE.ISO you created from the backup in IMGBURN then choose "Write Image File To Disc"

this will allow you to make a CLONED copy of your backup without having to patch it with WiiFrii or Backup Creator or BOTH each time you want to make a backup of that game
tongue.gif

In Regard to the topic at hand does anyone know if wiigator will be doing a bug fix for the "green screen" (that would save having to run WiiFrii on some games or a Auto Region Detection system (even if its on a toggle) would be cool so you do not have to force your region each time. Its not that much of a task..I know...But I thought why not throw the feedback out for those who may be reading
tongue.gif

Thanks For Keeping Us Updated!

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right, I just woke up, and there are exactly 2 useful posts in the last 13 pages. But I guess that's normal, when you're dealing with a bunch of nerdy schoolgirls that want something so very very very very very very very (etc.) badly.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
so basically just copy the game on imgburn and reburn it as you would normally? you should it makes it "un-patched"? wouldn't it just copy over the same exact data?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
misticknight said:
so basically just copy the game on imgburn and reburn it as you would normally? you should it makes it "un-patched"? wouldn't it just copy over the same exact data?
Actually, you're right here, you would just make an exact copy of a patched game, which would make the copy patched to.

KaiUno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
patrickv said:
thanks wiigator for coding this project and waninkoko for initiating the steps and for introducing some new cios etc. the loader has made many people join gbatemp, mainly just to join in with this history in the making. congratulations.

Ehr... I'm playing Brawl right now with backup loader 0.1. On a Philips DVD9. Pal Wii. Patched Pall SSB:B. Working beautifully. I did install the cIOS fix. Wasn't able to run the game before that. Oh, and it won't run from the gold disc channel either, only from wiigator's 0.1 in the HB channel. Weird, but true.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Driscol said:
i feel realy n00by for asking this, but how do i install the cios fix?
You can get answers to most of your backup loader related questions HERE
To answer your question quickly, you can install the cIOS fix by putting the wad in the WAD folder on your sd card and then running the homebrew program WAD manager, which lets you install the wad (by clicking + when you're on the right wad file)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7