Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compacho said:
Well, I tried the tutorial. I installed the wad successly, but then I realised that there was left over music and icons from the original wad i used. I may try again another time but for now, you guys can use my image.

wii2copyak9.jpg

That looks awesome if someone can use the banner and post it that would be awesome

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can make a new channel with the image above, I would have released a new channel a while ago, but I suck with photoshop. As far as why extractpartition isn't working, I'm not quite sure. It does require libeay, which is the windows equivalent of libcrypto. I suggest downloading the latest version of OpenSSL from http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html (since libeay is a part of OpenSSL, the latest version of OpenSSL will always have the most recent version of libeay). I've never had any problems with it (and I have used it on both an XP and a Vista machine) so I can't help you.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently you all think I was bitching on the channels that are out right now. Well I'm not. I'm just saying that a fresh new look would be nice. If I was an asshole about it, then I'm sorry. But you do have to admit that it needs an overhaul done. That picture a few posts up would be perfect!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
compacho said:
Well, I tried the tutorial. I installed the wad successly, but then I realised that there was left over music and icons from the original wad i used. I may try again another time but for now, you guys can use my image.

wii2copyak9.jpg
Ooh. I like it.

The only difference I would've made is add the slashes in the background. I like those.
tongue.gif

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
rommy667 said:
Man ppl why cant ye all just get a mod chip???? tis a lot less trouble than messing around with all this stuff come on its not THAT dear...........
Indeed, I finally went ahead and ordered one late last night!
smile.gif
Hope MCC ships it today.

EDIT: I mean tomorrow. I totally thought today was Monday.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have a new channel made (using the above image for banner and icon, and I used the music from the last channel I released). My wii is at my dorm though, and I came home for the weekend so I won't be able to test it out until this evening, and I always test shit before I release it, just in case.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rommy667 said:
Man ppl why cant ye all just get a mod chip???? tis a lot less trouble than messing around with all this stuff come on its not THAT dear...........

Nope. I prefer not having my system permanently modded TYVM. I'd rather not play backups at all than open my Wii and have a chip installed.

And even if you don't care about the backup loader, you shouldn't be here giving shit to those who do.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rommy667 said:

I have a mod chip in one of my Wii's - this is just a bit of fun and i find it interesting. I have little interest in games , i prefer playing with the other things.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
rommy667 said:
Maybe some of us have a sentimental attachment to our WARRANTY
wink2.gif

technically your warranty is still voided as soon as you use unlicensed software, so from the first moment you install the twilight hack, voided.
but, it is a lot easier to get away with removing it.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
rommy667 said:

Nope. I prefer not having my system permanently modded TYVM. I'd rather not play backups at all than open my Wii and have a chip installed.

Who said it had to be permanently modded? Get it presoldered to a clip and just clip it in. Then you can easily unclip it if you have to mail it in since there's really no way for them to know you opened it if you're careful about it. It's not like there's a void warranty sticker over top of a main screw hole or anything.

noobwarrior7 said:
fishears said:
QUOTE(rommy667 @ Oct 5 2008, 07:51 PM)
Maybe some of us have a sentimental attachment to our WARRANTY
wink2.gif

technically your warranty is still voided as soon as you use unlicensed software, so from the first moment you install the twilight hack, voided.
Very true but as I said above, it's also easy to get away with keeping your warranty in tact even with running a modchip.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Very true but as I said above, it's also easy to get away with keeping your warranty in tact even with running a modchip.

yep, you are not wrong.

ddmp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, I got SSX Blur decrypted (ran encryptpartition on an XP computer
tongue.gif
)
Also when I decrypted SSBX (japanese super smash bros brawl) it ended up being about 7gb, which I'm assuming means it is a dual layer disc? Is backup launcher able to boot this? because that is truly the one game I would love to play the most

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
Who said it had to be permanently modded? Get it presoldered to a clip and just clip it in. Then you can easily unclip it if you have to mail it in since there's really no way for them to know you opened it if you're careful about it. It's not like there's a void warranty sticker over top of a main screw hole or anything.

That's still too much work. The only reason I even modded my Wii in the first place is because I just so happened to have Zelda and an SD card and I wanted to give emulators a shot. The backup launcher is cool, and if the reading speed gets fixed that's even better, but my console doesn't depend on it. Worst case scenario, I could... you know, legally buy the game that I want to play and such. I already legally own all the games I want to play, if a straggler comes along I don't have that I want I don't have a problem buying it.

Hell, the only other system I ever modded was my Xbox, and it was the same situation, I just so happened to have access to the tools needed to softmod it so I went for it... and yet the games I ended up playing the most were the games I bought originally. Unfortunately my younger brother kicked my Xbox when the tray was open so it is now an XBMC machine.

C

compacho

Glad you guys liked my image. Can't wait to see what some of you might do with it. If you need to edit the image, I still have the photoshop file on hand. I just gotta organize the layers 1st.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBB/SSBX is a dual layer game. As far as I know, backuplauncher is incapable of playing dual layer games (but as of now SSBB/SSBX is the only one). If you do the single layer thing talked about on the web, and trucha sign the disc, it should work with backuplauncher.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
SSBB/SSBX is a dual layer game. As far as I know, backuplauncher is incapable of playing dual layer games (but as of now SSBB/SSBX is the only one). If you do the single layer thing talked about on the web, and trucha sign the disc, it should work with backuplauncher.

there are two games actually, the other is a japanese title made by sega

ddmp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, when I said it was 7gb I only knew that because when I used backupcreator thats what turned out. But now I tried using extractpartition on it (a couple times actually just to see if it was a fluke) and this was the result:

34633335hm9.jpg

Basically it stopped short at about 4.2gb O___o

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats because of the reason that the second layer is not part of the gamepartition. there are only the movies stored on. you could try it maybe it works, couse there is also a working single layer version for chipped wiis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1