Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New channel with the new banner and icon thanks to compacho. It will replace my old channel when you install it. I have now tested it and it works fine (at least on my wii).
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y46YAMDD

There is a list of Wii game hacks here:
http://www.xtreme-source.com/nintendo-wii/...cha-signer.html

You can find out about the SSBB single layer hack here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...p;#entry1006498

The japanese name for SSBB was Great Melee Smash Brothers X and instead of calling it GMSBX everybody just calls it SSBX.

C

compacho

nice job Supercool330! I like the icons alot.

Edit:

Also, do you know of a way to animate the channel like the homebrew channel? If so, we could work on that.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marcan made some tools to make the brlan and brlyt files so that you could have multiple moving objects, and that's how they made the Homebrew Channel banner. He said he was going to release those tools after the Homebrew Channel was released, but he never did. I thought about contacting him to see if I could get his bns audio editor, but never did. Anyway, the brlan and brlyt files are documented fairly well on wiibrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Animations), so I might try to figure it out latter, but it would probably be better to contact marcan and get his tools.

plunderisley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the backup loader without any issues, but it seems any game I try it either freezes or it will load and then freeze after a few seconds. I checked the games against the comp. list and all the ones I tried should be fully compatible. Not sure what could be causing this problem. It's a NTSC Wii. I did patch the ISO and use the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad and the DVDx is correctly set up.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supercool330 said:
New channel with the new banner and icon thanks to compacho. It will replace my old channel when you install it. I have now tested it and it works fine (at least on my wii).
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y46YAMDD

Just tried it there and it works great on mine as well. Thanks Supercool330 and Compacho.
I'll add that to my zip file if you guys dont mind. With a thanks in the how to of course.

0Assassin0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could some1 explain exactly what commands or how to use the extractpartition on mac os x? i don`t wanna have to copy the iso`s to my crappy windows laptop to patch them then have to copy them back to burn. thanx

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
oohkee said:
Disater Day of Crisis NTSC-J works on my US Wii on DVD-R with the force Japanese Language option.
Okay? This isn't even the thread for compatibility plus it's already been documented in the compatibility wiki page.
lecture.gif

C

compacho

You're welcome guys. I figured the least I could do in a programming oriented project is provide some artwork. Hopefully I can work on more things. I could use the practice.

Khaosknight

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i come bearing news about Metroid Prime 3.

I have been testing this for a few days now and i made it to the part were you have to drop the huge bomb on the seconf leviathan on Elysia. And i cant proceed. After i kill off the first round of Space Pirates i noticed the second doesnt show up. I left the Wii on for about an hour and the second round never showed up, samus is just standing on the floating spire. So this is as far as the backup loader can play Metroid Prime 3 im afraid. At least untilll an update.

Soon after i started playing the backup i noticed it took a really long time for the doors to open, it was because of the slow loading times. It takes a bit for the rooms to load with the loader so the doors take forever. I also noticed that sometimes the game with just freeze out of nowhere.

Just because i know someone will ask, i am using a NTSC Wii, NTSC Backup, Verbatim Inkjet DVD-R, 2.7 speed, Nero Burning ROM.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have ripped apart a few opening.bnr files, and can say that all of the moving objects in a banner are separate tpl files. I haven't yet figured out how they do transparency in the tpl files, but if you wanted to start working on moving banners and icons compacho, you could split apart your images into the moving and non-moving parts (and different layers and stuff). I'm still working on figuring out how the brlyt and brlan files work (I sent marcan an email) so they wont do much good for now, but hopefully I can get the stuff soon. Glad you all like the channel.

Compacho: send me a pm and we can figure out how to share the necessary files.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
compacho/Supercool330, thanks for the banner.

personally i slightly prefer the other two banners from wiigen (the greyish one and blueish one), mainly because of their icons. I don't like your current icon very much (the disk is too big (imo) and it doesnt really match very well with most of my other channels).

However damn i love the sound!

If i knew how to edit banners i'd swap it into the other ones that i like lol
ph34r.gif

You know what would be ideal (if it was possible), if someone could hack the disc channel so we see the banner of the inserted burnt backup like with a real game, but then launch the backup loader dol (however as i understand it the disc channel is not a normal cahnnel at all and this would be a highly complex task, if anyone decided to have a go at it they'd need some good wii experience)

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to get the disc channel to show the banner and icon would be to hack the system menu to recognize burnt discs, and then launch the backup channel (probably installed as a hidden channel). This would be difficult to say the least (not to mention very dangerous and very likely to cause bricks and such).

C

compacho

OSW, i see what you're saying. It def could be smaller. Maybe I'll change it later when/if Supercool330 tells me if he can animate the banner. I'll also take into consideration about copying the original Wii disc channel.

We'll see what happens
smile.gif

Whtrvn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I repackaged extractpartition, now includes needed dll. root-key (i think w can legally share this file, otherwise i dont think i wouldnt have found it here http://static.hackmii.com/root-key . no need to look for common key either, there is a little app to generate it. oh and i also modified the batch so you dont hve to rename your iso to in.iso.

from command prompt just
extractpartition.bat nameofgame.iso

or jsut drag an iso onto the batch icon in windows

here it is
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tfxgr4

oh also, i could not get waninkokos to decrypt fifa 09, it woudlnt even try, but worked like a charm with this. maybe someone can make a new wrapper for it.

Whtrvn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
oh and whil im here. has anyone tried to see if they can use a usbgecko for debugging with this loader. could come in handy in finding what causes some games not to run properly.

ShinraArmy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the converted file using the BackupPatcher(Backup-creator i think?)supposed to not be detected as a wii file by Wiu? because it does not detect it as a wii file

Is the converted file supposed to be directly burned to DVD? i tried patching the iso with extractpartition, but i couldnt get past the root-key problem : (

Whtrvn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
patched games cannot be read by any programs currently, only burnt.

download my repackaged extractpartition, it has root key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol