surcouf84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
djtaz said:
geekanerd said:
One little side-note: I'm pretty sure I read in a few places that DVD+RW won't work. It actually does, at least, in this instance.

Thanks for the info geeknerd - good to know , but i think you may be the exception to the rule.

I use noname dvd+rw too booktype dvd-rom burn at 2.4x and it works fine
wink.gif
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
Cooler89 said:
looking for a new channel of backup launcher with a new banner ect.
I made one and posted it a few days ago.

Find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?v23dhqwwojw

Is that where i got it from ?
How come i have a thank you to psycon for that in my HowTo ??

I have had that front on my Wii for ages now and i have had it in my zip file for the last week or so. I keep wondering why people ask aout the banner for the backup launcher , but i didnt realise they had another one - the one you have in the video is the one i was looking at and i thought it was great.

His link is there , but if anyone is starting from scratch i have that in my zip file in my signature as well.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my cousin says that the reason why games load slow is the read speed due to dvdx. that is true right? i mean, if they configure the read speed from 3x to 4x or something higher/recommended, the wii would read the back ups just as it would a real game correct?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
dazz159 said:
fishears said:
Well, I've wasted a bunch of DVD's trying to get RE4 and MarioKart to work with this loader. I've patched Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Rayman Raving Rabbids2, Ferrari Challenge, Tomb Raider Anniversary and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (all PAL) without problems using Wani's backup-creator.exe on Linux. All of them patch fine and look like genuine Wii DVD ISO's and burn like them AND play. It's just MK & RE4 that patch fine (or so it seems) but the patched ISO isn't recognised as a Wii game image and if I burn them anyway the loader won't load them.
I'm confused because these 2 games are on the compatibility list. Could it be my source ISO's? They check out fine as genuine game images. I've not done anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't.....

The only difference that's obvious is that whilst all the ISO's are 4.4GB to start with, the ones that work are 4.0GB when patched but RE4 and MK both are 3.8GB when patched?!

Check my post in the other thread, which is here

hope it helps

I got round to trying your solution but it didn't work for me - the reason being that I only have XP on a virtual machine and the DVD driver doesn't do booktype setting for my +R media.

I have found a working solution for the "dodgy" ISO images under Linux though so I'll post it here for anyone in the same boat as me.

Patch your ISO using whatever method you prefer - I use Wani's method
Run Nero Linux
(Next steps only for DVD+R media)
On the Recorder menu click Choose Recorder
Select your burner and click Options at the bottom
Change Book Type Settings to DVD-ROM
Click OK
On the Recorder menu choose Burn Image...
Select your image file
It will come up as Unknown and say its a CD
At the top left where it says CD change this to DVD
Set your burn speed to something you feel safe with (I use 4x)
Burn it and play it.

This has worked for me with Mario Kart and RE4. Hope it helps someone else too.

redshrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
redshrek said:
djtaz said:
thiagofera said:
First of all: welcome back Waninkoko

I've tried to make everything right, but my backup launcher just doesn't seem to work with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed USA. I've got CIOS v6 patchmii by bushing, backup launcher 0.1 in the HBC and as a channel itself, and dvdx set up for 249. Everything goes right after I put the DVD-r with the patched game in my wii, but after the green screen blinks, the screen becomes black FOREVER!

Can anybody tell me what I've done wrong? Thx for the help!

Yup the " CIOS v6 patchmii by bushing " is whats causing the issues i would think - try getting the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad by Waninkoko and use that one instead with DVDx patched to ios249 - ... just in case ur looking for them (google is great) but i have them all in the zip on my sig , though theres a lot more than you are looking for in there as well.

Hi All

I am having the same problem as above, however i have this CIOS CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad rather than bushings. Now i am using RITEK Goldtops to burn to is this decent enough media. I am also using a Optiarc ad-7560a dvd burner and i am using image burn. I have burnt at 2x and 4x spped but still getting black screen straight after the green screen. When i listen to the wii i can hear the disk make some sort of constant movement inside the machine. I followed djtaz step by syep guide which was a great help by the way. My wii is a PAL version

EDIT: I have tried both sim city creator PAL LEGO Batman PAL and i am having the problems with both of them.

Any ideas what i need to do thanks in advance for your time.

I found out what the problem was it was the media i was using for burning the games everything works a treat thanks djtaz for a really good guide off to play batman now whhooooo.... for info i was originally using riteks to burn didnt work i am now using verbatims they work a treat

oohkee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure where to post but... wanted to add Captain Rainbow JAP to the Compatability as an Orange it starts up but freezes before gameplay begins... plays intro sequence etc. US Wii w/ DVD-R.

Mr-Kory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PAL pokemon battle revolution works nice minus the laggy video and freezing after a free battle and doing various things after beating a stadium including saving in using dvd-r burnt with nero and on burnt with imgburn at 4x

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Memorex DVD+R and burn at 16x using Nero 8 Burning ROM not Express. I manually select the burner and set BookType to DVD-ROM for all burns. I have not had a single bad burn yet. I am using a Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1L ATA Burner.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone made a good channel yet for this? The one with a Wii with wings is kind of stupid and the one on the 1st post now isn't relevant with anything (it's just a bunch of video game characters messily thrown on a screen). I want a nice, professional looking channel done for this. Ocarina has one, now it's time for this.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would ask this here as well since I have yet to receive an answer on the other thread...

Hi guys! I tried to boot up Harvest Moon: Magical Melodies with the ForcePAL60 option enabled, but the screen rolls really bad and I cannot possibly play it that way... Any suggestions on how to get it working correctly? I have an NTSC Wii.

Thanks a bunch!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure if your TV could run with Force PAL50, try all the options one by one and after try using all on yes, dunno maybe works
tongue.gif

As for the Launcher Channel you should search for the .dol to wad. converter on google and gives us some ideas of what are you looking for, Cheers mate...!!!

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else started to have problems with the patching a file. Even though the file is 100% done. I check the ISO and it's a good file. The patcher when it tries to patch it. Reads the file and says it has no information. 0.000 Any idea what it could be?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Interesting: I uninstall the cIOS just to see what happens, and obvious, the launcher doesn't even start, then I install it again and play for a while SSBB (Original copy 45 bucks on Wal-Mart) and before turn off my Wii, launch the game thru the Backup Launcher and it runs like if you open the disc chnnel, isn't the launcher supouse (I know it's not right spell it) to run 3X???
Maybe is the patition tool the one that needs a new update not the launcher, I'm not a coder or anything near like it, so i'm just guessing like the ass that I am

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan: Nice